best dry food? - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I tried feeding my cat who is on dry Nature's Variety instincts but she wouldn't touch it so I switched to Origen and although she doesn't inhale it like other foods, she will slowly eat it. I really like the ingredients.
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy View Post
Evo has peas, but no potatoe, while Origen does have russet potatoe. Ya, most kibbles have potatoe usually within the 1st 4 or 5 ingredient list, I guess that is what makes kibbles high in carb?
Snowy, I have yet to see ANY dry food that has absolutely no vegetable. However, Origen seems to have that potato the furthest down on the list of ingredients, which means there's less of it, which is why i decided to buy it. they have two flavors, fish and chicken and even between the two of them, one has more veggies than the other (i think I'm using the chicken one).

Granted,I can only read the ingredients of the foods at my pet store, but they have a pretty large grain free selection. That being said, I may try something different next time (just bought a 15 lb bag) just to give them some variety.
MyBabiesDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default best dry food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBabiesDaddy View Post
Snowy, I have yet to see ANY dry food that has absolutely no vegetable. However, Origen seems to have that potato the furthest down on the list of ingredients, which means there's less of it, which is why i decided to buy it. they have two flavors, fish and chicken and even between the two of them, one has more veggies than the other (i think I'm using the chicken one).

Granted,I can only read the ingredients of the foods at my pet store, but they have a pretty large grain free selection. That being said, I may try something different next time (just bought a 15 lb bag) just to give them some variety.
You might wanna check out GO Natural Fit & Free because they are beating Orijen in that category..... Potatoes are 7th down in Orijen and 11th down in GO Natural.... GO also has the first 8 ingredients coming from a meat source.... Orijen is only 6.... If I was gonna feed kibble again it would defiantly be GO.....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Luigi did like the Go Fit and Free a lot - I only went through a 4lb bag but she enjoyed it. Here's the ingregredients
Chicken meal, de-boned chicken, de-boned turkey, duck meal, turkey meal, salmon meal, de-boned trout, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), natural fish flavour, peas, potatoes, whole dried egg, potato flour, tapioca, de-boned salmon, de-boned duck, salmon oil, pumpkin, apples, carrots, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, lentil beans, broccoli, spinach, cottage cheese, alfalfa, sweet potatoes, blackberries, papayas, pineapple, phosphoric acid, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, taurine, choline chloride, dried chicory root, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product, vitamins (vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, inositol, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of vitamin C), thiamine mononitrate, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, beta-carotene, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), minerals (zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc oxide, manganese proteinate, copper sulphate, calcium iodate, ferrous sulphate, manganous oxide, sodium selenite), yucca schidigera extract, yeast extract, dried rosemary.
Tabbylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3furbabies View Post
I tried feeding my cat who is on dry Nature's Variety instincts but she wouldn't touch it so I switched to Origen and although she doesn't inhale it like other foods, she will slowly eat it. I really like the ingredients.
I am looking at something without potatoe and realised Evo doesn't have potatoe, then last night I found out Nature's Vairety Instincts doesn't have it too though it has pea starch way down the list, that's fine with me and the price is cheaper than Origen and Evo. I'll just stick with one brand of kibble next time, so its between Evo and Nature's Variety, need to work out the cost again.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default best dry food?

I think the Evo kibble is slightly more expensive than Orijen but the Evo canned bought in the 13 oz is way cheap

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default best dry food?

Natures Variety I mean....

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 02-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default best dry food?

Orijen has just changed their formulas and I know the dog varieties have cut the potatoes and have 10 meat ingredients, plus organ and tripe. The bag of regional red that I have for my danes has 17 animal products before any veggie or lentils. It's a far better food than it was before.
I know here EVO is cheaper than Orijen and there's more in the bag.

kayla baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla baxter View Post
Orijen has just changed their formulas and I know the dog varieties have cut the potatoes and have 10 meat ingredients, plus organ and tripe. The bag of regional red that I have for my danes has 17 animal products before any veggie or lentils. It's a far better food than it was before.
I know here EVO is cheaper than Orijen and there's more in the bag.

They just changed their dog foods in orijen anf acana , hopefully they will get around to the kitties eventually
3gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default best dry food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gatos View Post
They just changed their dog foods in orijen anf acana , hopefully they will get around to the kitties eventually
This irks me. No offense to doggie owners because I love dogs too. But dogs get all the fun and new stuff. I wish people thought kitties deserved it too!

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement