Oh no! Poor baby!
We had a himalayan growing up and one day I walked through the dining room and smelled burnt hair, I looked over and Miss Kitty's tail was smoking. She had jumped up on the counter and stuck her tail right in the candle. I ran over to her freaking out, but she moved her tail a lot, so she had put it out herself.
She looked at me like I was crazy for fussing over her. Luckily it didn't burn her, but it definitely could have if I would have left it there.
No more candles around that kitty!