Gazoo burned his paw - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default Gazoo burned his paw

I knew this would happen. Five minutes after we sat down to dinner last night, Gazoo jumped up on the stove and landed on a hot burner. Fortunately it isn't severe and only 2 pads on his right hind paw were affected.

So he earned himself a trip to the 24-hour emergency clinic, some yummy painkillers and a fancy new hat:

I came downstairs this morning and found the cone in the middle of the floor with no cat in it. I don't know how he did it but somehow he got out of it. He was just rolling on the floor all pleased with himself. I didn't have the heart to put it back on him.

His paws are starting to scab over, so I think he'll be ok. Need to keep an eye on it for a few days though.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Oh no! Poor baby!

We had a himalayan growing up and one day I walked through the dining room and smelled burnt hair, I looked over and Miss Kitty's tail was smoking. She had jumped up on the counter and stuck her tail right in the candle. I ran over to her freaking out, but she moved her tail a lot, so she had put it out herself.

She looked at me like I was crazy for fussing over her. Luckily it didn't burn her, but it definitely could have if I would have left it there.

No more candles around that kitty!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

Default Gazoo burned his paw

I had a lit candle... Came back in the room and the candle was out and Lenny missing a few whiskers and one sindged and curly! Still growing back! Hasn't been near one since!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
dannijaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I couldn't see his picture while I was at work, but I just saw it now that I have gotten home and he is one very handsome kitty! I have a soft spot for orange boys!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Poor Gazoo! I hope he feels better soon.

Maisie burned his paw pretty badly once. I had a desk lamp that got pretty hot, but usually the cats would leave it alone so I didn't think to worry about it. One day a bee got in through a gap in the window screen, and Maisie's instincts kicked in and he started chasing it. I was right there, but I wasn't fast enough to stop him from going after it when it went inside the hot lamp. Poor boy! That took an emergency vet trip too.

When Zephyr was a baby, he stuck his nose too close to a candle my roommate was burning, and he completely singed off all the whiskers on one side. He didn't get hurt, but it looked awful. It was right before he was supposed to go in for his second set of kitten needles, and I was afraid the vet was going to report me for animal abuse. But when we went in, she didn't even ask what happened. I guess she's used to kittens getting into that sort of mischief.

The Boys: Maisie (age 9, adopted 2007,) Zephyr (age 8, adopted 2006,)
Bentley
(age 3, adopted 2013,) and foster kitty Cullen
Blakeney Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I worry that the cats will jump on the stove because I can't keep them off the counters and table.
Years ago I lived in a building where the windows opened up top to bottom (not side to side). My two kittens were sitting on the sill looking out the window and it was an old building. It had never happened before but the window slammed shut. The female got off in time but the male must have had his tale stuck. When I finally saw him it was so weird. The tale was stripped of all fur and he must have been in shock. He was walking around waving it. Half had to be removed. Then he looked like a bobcat.
cat owner again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrawritsjordi View Post
Oh no! Poor baby!

We had a himalayan growing up and one day I walked through the dining room and smelled burnt hair, I looked over and Miss Kitty's tail was smoking. She had jumped up on the counter and stuck her tail right in the candle. I ran over to her freaking out, but she moved her tail a lot, so she had put it out herself.

She looked at me like I was crazy for fussing over her. Luckily it didn't burn her, but it definitely could have if I would have left it there.

No more candles around that kitty!
I'm not trying to be insensitive but this is the funniest thing I've seen all day! One of my cats scorched his starboard side paws on an electric range top. His little paw pads healed fine after a few weeks. I now put old pan lids over any still hot elements when I'm finished with them.
robert4301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert4301 View Post
I'm not trying to be insensitive but this is the funniest thing I've seen all day! One of my cats scorched his starboard side paws on an electric range top. His little paw pads healed fine after a few weeks. I now put old pan lids over any still hot elements when I'm finished with them.
After finding out that she was okay, it did end up being a funny story.

She passed away this past summer. I miss the ol' girl.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

That is the cutest saddest picture. It makes me want to hug your kitty

I hope he heals quickly.
CalyxTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement