Vomiting all of a sudden? Why? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Vomiting all of a sudden? Why?

So my cat Godzilla whos 2 has really never vomited in his life. Only ever really like once or twice when he got a hold of my scrunchies. :/ All of a sudden the last month maybe he has vomited maybe 3 or 4 times. Now I thought it was due to him eating to fast because Skeeter likes to finish his food for him if I don't watch. Which the first couple times he did just vomit right after he ate. Well now he confused me. He ate last night probably around 9pm and now he just vomited undigested food this morning at around 7am..... He's never vomited raw food only canned. The only cans that I remember are the LID venison and pea and the Halo turkey shreds I recently gave them twice. First time he didn't have a problem with it. Second time I fed it to him was last night. I don't think he's allergic to anything. If he is I have no idea what it would be. Am I worrying to much? There's no hair in it either that I noticed just partially digested food. He is long haired but he's never had a problem with hair balls. Maybe he's having trouble digesting sometimes??? Should I add a probiotic/digestive enzyme mix or something?? I just don't know why all of a sudden he's having issues when he has never had a problem before...... Opinions?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Hard to tell, U sure he hasn't gotten a hold of something he's not supposed to?
3gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Besides the vomiting, is he acting lethargic or less active? How is his poo? Does he have a fever?

He could be just having an upset stomach. You can skip a meal and let his stomach settle. Slippery Elm is also supposed to be helpful for digestive upsets.
JungliBillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I'm pretty sure he hasn't gotten anything. I'm worry wart when it comes to my cats and I'm careful not to leave anything out... I watch myself and everyone else in the house.

As far as how he acts he's completely normal. He acts like nothing even happened. His poo is fine. He does everything normal. that's why I'm so confused..... I really don't think it's any kind of worm either because he got Drontal about 3 months ago and it's not like he goes outside or anything....

I just don't have the slightest clue... :/

EDIT: Hes not really the cat to eat anything foreign really either. He likes his cat food and that's it. Scrunchies he only ever chews on when he gets a hold of them. Anything else I've never seen him touch.

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter

Last edited by Zilla; 08-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Cat

If he's acting normal and pooping normally, I'd just wait and see. Chances are, it will go away on its own

Godzilla is very pretty. Haven't seen too many long haired ginger cats. Looks like a lion!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungliBillis View Post
If he's acting normal and pooping normally, I'd just wait and see. Chances are, it will go away on its own

Godzilla is very pretty. Haven't seen too many long haired ginger cats. Looks like a lion!
Do you think maybe adding a probiotic would help him along?

And thank you! He's my baby and he knows it which is the bad part. He screams when Skeeter picks on him because he knows I'll tell him to stop it. it's ridiculous because he's bigger and he could beat him up if he wanted to but he's such a little girl about it... Ha here's his "crazy" face Vomiting all of a sudden? Why?-imageuploadedbypg-free1376594090.123157.jpg

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

lol. I have one that makes that face too, he's also bigger than the one who beats him up (not beats but you know, picks on him).

but the one I have who vomits is the 3 year-old and he never did the first two years I had him. now he eats like he's trying to win a race. as long as I limit what he gets first thing in the morning to a tablespoon, then make him wait 30 minutes and give him more, he's fine. otherwise, he silently projective vomits. it's really odd. he doesn't even do that "gearing up to spew" sound, he just opens his mouth lol. for a long time I would find vomit in odd places, and never having heard anything, I didn't really know who did it. so I started watching him and finally saw him do it.

he acts completely normal and the vet just saw him three months ago. if he were losing weight then i'd probably take him back and have his thyroid tested, but his weight is constant.

one thing I noticed: he and the larger cat will eat paw lickin' chicken too fast, and it's shreds, so they throw it up if I don't blend it first. sometimes they eat it fine and other times they go too fast so I prefer to blend it rather than clean up puke.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
Do you think maybe adding a probiotic would help him along?
Probiotic is helpful for diarrhea and not vomiting (according to the vet). If you have digestive aid (like something that has slippery elm or marshmallow), you can give that to him if you like. I got one from Vet's Best, and they go bonkers for it (apparently it's really tasty).

He sounds like such a sweetheart. I don't blame you for spoiling him a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderflower View Post
he silently projective vomits.
I didn't even know that was possible! So crazy. I've found vomit of entire dinner in a giant poo shape. I thought it was poo when I first saw it, but then it didn't smell like poo...
Old 08-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
I didn't even know that was possible! So crazy. I've found vomit of entire dinner in a giant poo shape. I thought it was poo when I first saw it, but then it didn't smell like poo...
it freaked me out when I saw him do it. it also changed the shape of it, it's a spray instead of a puddle, like it's coming out as fast as it went in. I have never seen a cat do that either, maybe I should ask my vet lol. It didn't occur to me to ask him since he almost only does it first thing in the morning, and has no problem as long as I "prime" him first.

I've seen the logs of food a couple of time. I think it was usually dry food but I can't remember. my black cat has spit up really dark hairball things that look like poo too.
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Is that the Vets Best Hairball remedy tabs??

I think on one of these occasions Godzilla did do that projectile vomiting thing. It was right after he ate which he probably ate to fast.... He was sitting on my coffee table right in front of me when all of a sudden he leaned over and vomit spewed out of his mouth and down the leg of my table.... it was disgusting..... He didn't have any warning heaves either.... Leaned puked and started running around like nothin happened two seconds later crazy cats

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement