Poop sticks to cats behind. How can I get it off? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default Poop sticks to cats behind. How can I get it off?

She's a short haired female. Poop is constantly on her butthole (ewwww). Like stuck to it. It's icky. She grooms herself all the time so I don't know why she can't get it off.

I've tried bathing her but not only is that an impossible nightmare, it doesn't come off. I've also tried holding her down to clean it with a kitty wipe, but it won't budge! It's really crusted on there. She also won't tolerate me doing it, or holding her at all. When she walks past me and her butt is near my face is smells so bad.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Auroraei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You could try a very wet rag - but frankly I find it easier to put some tepid water in a bucket and dunk the hind end of Maddie. Then I just use my fingers (ewww) to gently pry it off. It starts dissolving pretty quickly once it's wet and with only her bum and tail wet there are no long term hard feelings. DH uses gloves and a muzzle to hold her. It's a 2 person job with Maddie.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

I practically sit on my kitty and cut the offending "dingle-berry" off and cut any hair around (cause he is a long hair). Also is your kitty constipated? He/she may be and if the thing is hard to push out may not be getting all the way pushed out. Just surmising.
Catmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

It's not dingleberries, cause my cat is short haired. There is no poop on her fur, it's all on her booty hole lol. Hmmmmmmmm don't thinkkk she's constipated. I see normal looking poops in the litterbox.

Last edited by marie73; 12-28-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Auroraei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Cleo had that issue once, but it was hard and plastered on her butt, I couldn't get it off and I didn't want to hurt her trying. I took her to the vet and I don't know what they did, but they brought her back out after a couple minutes minus the poo (no charge).

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

i've used unscented baby wipe when my cats have had this sort of thing happen -- mine were/are long-haired. the baby wipes are more effective when the poop is still moist.

i've also bought a spray from our vet's, quikclean waterless shampoo made by fort dodge. the waterless shampoo is much less traumatic for the cat, in my experience, than a bath or partial bath.

another option might be using an electric trimmer to (carefully)trim off the poop that i'm assuming is stuck to kitty's hair around her butt. trimmers are much more safe than scissors, in my experience.
rural-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement