Crusty Ear on Cat - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2016, 11:34 PM
Cat

Poor kitty. It seems suspect to me that it is spreading to the other ear, and that three vet visits come up with the same solution....antibiotics.

My Otis had a crusty ear that was determined to be an infection. The vet cleaned off the crustiness and gave him an antibiotic shot (no need to pill him). It sounds like you've tried that route already. Can you clean off that crustiness, or is it part of the ear itself? Maybe you don't want to mess with him too much. He sounds stressed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

UPDATE: got biopsy results back and he has pemphigus foliaceus. It's is starting to affect his feet which is why he had been peeing everywhere but the box cause it hurts his feet. So we have an appointment tomorrow morning to start treatment.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:41 PM
Premier Cat

Oh goodness. I've never heard of it, but it sounds painful. I hope the treatment goes well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

Akram01, I don't know if you've already been to this website, but I looked up pemphigus and on this page, there's a link to a handout on it for pet owners: http://veterinarymedicine.dvm360.com...date=&pageID=5

This article also has some good information: http://www.2ndchance.info/pawlickcat-Angus2005.pdf
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I have been reading up on it a lot in the last 2 days. I have seen the first one you posted but not the second one. I will have to read up on it more. Thanks for the links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page