Cat With Generic Frontline With Tics - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Cat With Generic Frontline With Tics

Found 2 well developed tic sacs on Clyde, who has 2 weeks left on the generic frontline we applied. I thought they were supposed to die before they got to this stage.

Can we give him another dose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Going to have to call the vet on this, since he seems to be playing in a tick patch or something, and the medicine is just not working. I assume I can probably give him another dose early. If not, I'll need to keep him in I guess (even though he hates that.)

Last edited by marie73; 11-03-2016 at 12:13 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Where did you get the generic Frontline? Lots of counterfeit stuff out on the internet. Also, rumor has it that the generic doesn't work as well as the brand name. And in some areas the fleas and ticks have become immune.

So my suggestion is to use a different product.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I got the generic from Amazon. I don't think that proves its legit though, it could be fraudulent. Well, they get the typical "bald patch" from application, same as they did with branded Frontline, so I don't think it is water in there, but it could certainly be the wrong dose or something. I'll happily buy another product - Walmart/Target sell non-generic frontline I believe. I just need the vet to tell me it is safe to apply it 2 weeks early (if the generic turns out to be legit).

My older cat is not having an issue, but he probably just isn't playing in the "tick patch". I don't think he wander as far as the younger one. So maybe his is bad too and it just isn't an issue for him at the moment.

Last edited by ArtNJ; 11-01-2016 at 08:44 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Vet said wait 3 weeks from last application and switch to a product with a new active ingredient since it is likely a Frontline immunity issue.

I guess I won't let him out for a few days till we hit the 3 week mark, since I can't have him bringing live ticks in the house.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Cat

One Year Old Kitten SOOOO Annoying!

Last week, like every week for months, Clyde was so sweet, when he was inside he either wanted to cuddle (likes to cuddle) or rest. Sure, he hasn't played much with us since we started letting him go out 6+ months ago, but a very sweet loving cat.

This week, we are keeping him inside until his new tick medicine comes since the ticks here seem Frontline immune, and Clyde seems to have found an area heavy with ticks. His behavior without his outside time is totally different, night and day. Clyde is everywhere inside, acting like a 3 month old kitten, biting cords and terrorizing the older cat like he hasn't in months. Unfortunately, he has forgotten many traditional cat games, and barely plays with the laser pointer or cat dancer toy he used to enjoy. He will still chase crinkled up paper, so I've been doing that with him for as long as I can take, but it doesn't help that much. Arghhhh!

I am dreading deep winter when he may not want to go out at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page