Cat Forum banner

Pill poppers

836 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ebonytigger 
#1 ·
Has anyone been able to use them successfully? The one I got is obsessed with firing the pill across the room (Ebony is the harder girl to pill which is why I got the pill popper, but I've had to resort to giving Ebony and Tigger pills by hand because according to the pill popper, the cats are going to stand at the other end of the room with their mouths wide open ready for the pills to land in their mouths. Judging by the way the thing overshoots where the girls actually are (and yes I do put the end of it in their mouths but somehow it still manages to shoot the pill across the room, not helped by a certain little girl panicking and struggling)

#3 · (Edited)
Erm. I thought pill poppers fired a pill into kitty's mouth, so she reflexively swallows...

With some cats, it's just better to give them rx in liquid form. Talk to your vet. My orange boy Percy was INGENIOUS at not taking pills. I'd hide it in chicken or ground beef,and find the meat neatly chewed from around the pill, like fruit from a cherry pit. I'd hold him down, insert the pill, rub his chin and neck til I heard the gulp. Seconds later, he'd spit it out. 'Tooie!'

#4 ·
Erm. I thought pill poppers fired a pill into kitty's mouth, so she reflexively swallows...

With some cats, it's just better to give them rx in liquid form. Talk to your vet. My orange boy Percy was INGENIOUS at not taking pills. I'd hide it in chicken or ground beef,and find the meat neatly chewed from around the pill, like fruit from a cherry pit. I'd hold him down, insert the pill, rub his chin and neck til I heard the gulp. Seconds later, he'd spit it out. 'Tooie!'
Lol you try convincing the pill popper of that :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.