Cat Forum banner

Prayers for my Dootie girl please

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  spirite 
#1 ·
I haven't posted on here in awhile. My little Dootie girl is 15 (she turns 16 in September) and is my baby. Last week I noticed what feels like a lump on herb back up by her spine but close to her hindlegs/tail. I'm not sure if its something that is normal or not. I'm praying it is nothing serios. We will be taking her to the vet this week. I just want prayers its nothing serious but she is getting older. The good news is she is acting perfectly fine. Eats her treats, her food, and her water. I attached a picture of me and her from the other night. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Taking her this Thursday so like two days. She seems to be fine. Lol like I said she eats her food, treats, drinks her water. My mom felt it (she's a medical technologist) and she doesn't think it is anything serious to her but we'll find out on Thursday morning at 9:00 so I'll update soon after that. Thank you all!

#9 ·
so happy you got a good diagnosis. :smile2: so, have you felt that little lump again at all that first gave you concerns? it made me think of a very similar thing with a friend's cat recently. I thought I felt a little hard lump as well just a couple times, but then I never felt it again. I had no idea if it was just a little tensed up muscle or what. the cat seemed perfectly healthy otherwise and never reacted to the lump. just wondering.

#10 ·
I have felt it but the vet seemed to think it was her hip bone I was feeling. She felt around and everything didn't seem concerned at all and the cat def has not lost weight and eats good. I think it was just me being paranoid. My mom didn't think it was a lump either and she works in the medical field.

#11 ·
I'm glad to hear it's nothing! But definitely better to be safe than sorry. I tend to freak myself out feeling bumps on Celia, but they're usually bones. She was so overweight for so long that I couldn't feel them before. I'm pretty sure the hard lump you're talking about is one of the same that had me worried. Then I learned to feel the other side for a corresponding lump before worrying. I definitely need lessons in basic cat anatomy! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.