Cat Forum banner

Pregnant cat

577 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  catloverami 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a newly owned owner of a cat who wasn't spayed. I'm not looking for people to tell me to spay her I know to do this after her liter is born i just need an answer to my question.
My question is that this morning her temp was 100.2° at 8am, at 4:20pm it dropped to 99.1°, and I just checked it again at 7:40pm just see any changes and it jumped back up to 100.5°. So is it common for the queen body temp to drop to 99.1° and drastically jump up? Does this mean she's not going into labour tonight?

#2 ·
Do you know when she was bred? Most gestation last 63-65 days usually. Hard to say whether she will go into labor tonight or not. Has she been restless and active looking for nesting spots? Sometimes milk from the teats leaks out, but not always. Better to confine her in a small room with a cardboard box, or bottom of a medium size cat carrier with torn up newspapers or some old soft cloth. You don't want her to be able to squeeze under a bed or dresser and have her kittens there, as it is difficult to see what's going on, and occasionally you may need to assist the queen (e.g. sometimes kittens come in rapid succession and you may have to clean off the mucous membrane covering a kitten's face).
Good luck for an easy and healthy litter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.