Join Date: May 2003
Location: Putrajaya, Malaysia
Thanks chinkchink and Bengalsownme for the kind thoughts.
The vets at the university did extensive testing yesterday and they believe that Juju has some swelling in his spinal column just below his head/neck. They've put him in the ICU at the vet hospital.
My wife and I went to visit him last night and there seems to be some improvement. When they tested him at first, I could see that there was a delayed reaction when they pinched his limbs. It would take about 5 seconds before he reacted to the pinch. Last night he pulled his leg immediately when we touched it.
The doctors are not that optimistic but I guess that their way of not giving us any false hope. We will have to wait until tomorrow to see whether the improvements are real.
I'd like to record my heartfelt thanks to Dr. Sylvia of Mayo Vet Clinic (USJ) and Dr. Nuraiza Cheng, Dr. Nor-Alimah, Dr. Yew and the other doctors whose names I didn't get at Universiti Putra Malaysia.