My cat is leaking clear liquid - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default My cat is leaking clear liquid

We have just adopted a 1 year old spayed female from a shelter. She was not having any problems at the shelter. We have a 2 year old male Bengal, who was very growly when we let the female out of the pet taxi. Within a hour she had diahrea, which came out like water. We confined her to the basement for 24 hours. When we let her back upstairs with us, she had another bout of diahrea in our boys' room, it was a little more solid. We put he back in the basement for another day. On the third day, I saw her go in the litter box, and it looked pretty normal. So we let her upstairs again, thinking everything was ok. She was cuddling me on the couch, when I noticed a clear slimy liquid with just barely a little brown spot in it, but it had no smell. She is consistently licking her anus, because it just keeps oozing out nonstop. The shelter told us if we want to switch from her usual food which is Science Diet, that we should so gradually. Our Bengal has always been on Iams. We mixed the two 50/50, could this be the cause of this clear slimy liquid oozing from her?
BengalLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2004, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Possibly. A 50/50 switch is usually too fast, and would likely cause diarrhea. But as far as a constant discharge...no offense, but she might need to see a vet, not get put in the basement
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement