my cat just died - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default my cat just died

One of my cats Josie just died she was only 8 yrs. old. And the weird thing is, she died with blood coming out of her mouth. It happened a couple days ago too with the blood....but she seemed fine and had just gotten into a cat fight. But she had been more pissy then usual. I was gonna take her to the vet...until she died. Does n e one know wat thats caused by?
Josie2005_Mokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I'm sorry. Sounds like some type of internal injury. Sure she didn't fall off of something during the fight, or maybe hit by a car?

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
spike481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

my cat is an inside cat...and there was nothin she could of jumped on. my bf said she was kind of foaming blood
Josie2005_Mokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Default i know how u feel

I am full of bad luck! i got a kitten end of last june and she was my best friend even though that sounds so silly! but she was! her name was choo choo n i loved her so much!! We moved in september to a house with land but RIGHT ON A BUSY ROAD! about to months later she got ran over and i was devastated! i had lost my best friend, n she really didnt deserve it. i still havnt recovered but two weeks after she died we decided to get another cat to cheer us up! Mr Jingles...i thought i would never get another cat like choo choo, but Mr Jingles is sooo special to me. he means the same to me as choo choo did. but he is more affectionate. but last night we came home and let him out in the garden for a wee etc...10 minutes after we let him out he came back n he was lying on the patio as if he was sunbathing..but it was in the dark!! i went over to him n i noticed mud! i picked him up and put him down in the concervatory n he just fell on the floor he couldnt use his back leg... it turned out that he has broken in lots of places on the left side of his pelvis and broken the top of his right leg.. Today we had to decide if we should put him to sleep or go through with a operation to put a pin in his leg and let his pelvis recover on its own. We couldnt let the vets put him to sleep without knowing what if he is fine after the operation so we decided to go with the op.. i just hope he is going to be ok after it all and recovers i dont want him to suffer but what if he pulls through well. i love him soo much...his operation cost£150 plus £50 xray n medication on top its at least £300 spent and he might not even recover.. what would oother people have done??? and does anyone know th chance of him recovering well/? also his nerves in his back end might be damaged but it is not known yet...i think its worth a try if there is a chance. can u get pelvis replacement???
Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

If that happened in a person I would think a blood disorder, blood clot in her lung or a GI bleed (from an ulcer or something like that).

I'm so sorry for you.
jbeanie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: my cat just died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie2005_Mokie
One of my cats Josie just died she was only 8 yrs. old. And the weird thing is, she died with blood coming out of her mouth. It happened a couple days ago too with the blood....but she seemed fine and had just gotten into a cat fight. But she had been more pissy then usual. I was gonna take her to the vet...until she died. Does n e one know wat thats caused by?
You say she was an indoor cat....then the cat fight was with another indoor cat you own?

It also reminds of the urgency of getting a sick or injured cat to the vet. You said a couple of days ago she had blood coming from her mouth.
NewRagdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I'm so sorry about your loss.

Why don't you call your vet & ask him what could have happened to your dear Josie.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Forgive me for suggesting this.......
Is there any possibility that someone may have hurt your cat when you were not at home?
Sounds like she may have taken a blow to cause internal injuries.
I am sorry for your loss.
I am sorry that your cat died a slow and painful death.
BoscosMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tom Cat

It does sound rather suspicious, I'm sorry to say also. Could kitty have fallen of a second floor level? Or something around the house fall on her? You said the bf noticed foamy blood? What about poisonous chemicals?
Anyways, I'm sorry your loss and agony of wondering why.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a cat three weeks ago. I know how you feel.
Advertisement