Where to buy single cans of food? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2005, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Where to buy single cans of food?

Every sight i've been to only sells canned cat food in bulk. I've already bought all the variety packs that wellness, innova and merrick have to offer. To bad my cat won't eat any of those foods. I was on a sight that sold individual cans of eagle pack and i didn't save it, and now i can't seem to find it again. Does anyone know of where i can get one can of every good food till i find one that Bugs will eat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2005, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I don't know if pet food direct will ship to you, but I think they ship individual cans. Also try, epetpals.com (I think that's the site).

It's funny, I haven't been able to find any variety packs and have to either buy buy the can or buy just enough to make a case of food.
AddFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

If they don't have a retail store, generally they do not ship by the single can. I would suggest perhaps you try thecatconnection.com. They do not show single cans on their site. However, they do operate out of a store and I am certain they would put together a group of single cans of various types for you to try. They carry most premium brands and have a very wide selection. In fact, they have some products not even on their site (Canned Wellness Kitten for example).

We were in their store on Saturday for similar reasons as we wanted to try a number of different premium treats that they are the only ones locally to carry and we needed the wet Wellness kitten which they are the only one to carry locally (everyone else carries adult only). Also, they have every toy you can imagine.
NewRagdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Hey Ragdoll, when we got Addison I was looking for Wellness Kitten and our independent store owner told us they stopped carrying it because it's the same thing as regular Wellness. Since all their formulas are for all stages of life, there's no need to carry a kitten formula. Thought maybe I'd save you the hassle of driving all over the place. We've been there and done that. Still do for a few things!
Old 02-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
Hey Ragdoll, when we got Addison I was looking for Wellness Kitten and our independent store owner told us they stopped carrying it because it's the same thing as regular Wellness. Since all their formulas are for all stages of life, there's no need to carry a kitten formula. Thought maybe I'd save you the hassle of driving all over the place. We've been there and done that. Still do for a few things!
Well....The Cat Connection does carry it....I picked it up there on Saturday. Also, Wellness has never claimed to have their formulas for all stages of life. I use their dry and wet kitten formulas and also have their adult wet. In addition, I use their treats (Old Mother Hubbard).

Also, the Cat Connection has a great selection of treats.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I am almost certain it says it on the bag, so I looked it up and I found this on their website on the page with their ingredients for dry foods (adult and kitten formulas):
"Animal feeding tests using Association of American Feed Control Officials procedures substantiate that Wellness Super5mix Adult Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages."

What do you think about those treats? I have a hard time getting my two to accept treats, they tend to snub them all!
Old 02-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I am almost certain it says it on the bag, so I looked it up and I found this on their website on the page with their ingredients for dry foods:
"Animal feeding tests using Association of American Feed Control Officials procedures substantiate that Wellness Super5mix Adult Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages."

What do you think about those treats? I have a hard time getting my two to accept treats, they tend to snub them all!
May meet AAFCO standards, but still be different. I have no problem finding the dry kitten formula. The kitten has slightly more protein and fat and slightly less fiber. As to other variations, such as amounts of calcium, etc., there is no way to really tell.

As to treats, Marli would rather have wet food than treats, but she does like the Old Mother Hubbard treats ok. I have yet to try Kitty Kaviar, Halo Liv-a-littles and Castor and Pollux Organic which I picked up on Saturday. It is my intention to use treats very judiciously-rarely and in small quantities.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRagdoll
Quote:
I am almost certain it says it on the bag, so I looked it up and I found this on their website on the page with their ingredients for dry foods:

May meet AAFCO standards, but still be different. I have no problem finding the dry kitten formula. The kitten has slightly more protein and fat and slightly less fiber. As to other variations, such as amounts of calcium, etc., there is no way to really tell.
I thought AAFCO was included in most of the statements about all stages of life, could be wrong though. However, if Wellness wasn't promoting their foods as all life stages, they may not have that printed on the bag. Yes, I did notice that the the protein/fat content was slighty higher in the kitten version, only 1% though. The ingredients were the same at least on the first few lines. I didn't read the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRagdoll
As to treats, Marli would rather have wet food than treats, but she does like the Old Mother Hubbard treats ok. I have yet to try Kitty Kaviar, Halo Liv-a-littles and Castor and Pollux Organic which I picked up on Saturday. It is my intention to use treats very judiciously-rarely and in small quantities.
We haven't had luck with the Halo liv-a-littles either! I agree with your intentions on treats - we're the same way.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
I don't know if pet food direct will ship to you, but I think they ship individual cans. Also try, epetpals.com (I think that's the site).

It's funny, I haven't been able to find any variety packs and have to either buy buy the can or buy just enough to make a case of food.
Petfooddirect.com is where i got the variety packs of Merrick and Wellness. They don't sell singles of eaglepack.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premier Cat

AHHHHHH, that explains it. I look through petfooddirect.com sometimes but have never ordered from them. I'm lucky enough to find what i need locally and have never seen variety packs in the stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement