Food for picky cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Default Food for picky cats?

Well, my cats are now turning their nose up at the Innova. They are SO picky...it is SO hard to find a dry food they like....any suggestions? Thanks!

Oh jeez..I just realized I probably should have posted this on the Health and Nutrition board Hope you'll forgive me.
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

If you like the brand Innova, maybe you can try the new Innova EVO when they start selling it where you live.

Or what about California Natural? Same company as Innova... less calories.

Does your local pet store have samples of cat foods? That's how I found out which food both of my cats liked when I got Sammi. I brought home about 10 different samples and Innova was the one they liked best.

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0UgCz*zob3qIR9vCFVKUIq7F6Rdr8oOBoCjOV*k7pjPQ4hRqME NsrQyZrDMIfs5mP4r1!lBfh20Fl8P*E8F2Q!7sUddAOqjZOvpr tw3mtjqvX!Qa3cnrdfG2gTgGMc8YN/signaturecute.jpg[/img]

*meow*
BaileyAndSammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Have you tried Wellness? I still think its outrageously priced (can't find it locally for a decent price, and online its still way up there) but my cat loves it. I think it smells the best out of anything I've fed him too

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
OsnobunnieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Kiera's enjoying Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul, which is nice because it's inexpensive
violina23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cat

We had the same problem with Sheba. She went through a phase where she would only eat wet foods with beef. We just tried as many quality foods as we could find and she finally has a few brands she won't turn her nose up to. Wellness is one of them (the beef and chicken kind) and it actually isn't too pricey here ($.79 for 5.5 oz can) comparable to the other brands she likes. She likes Iams, but we're trying to phase that out now that i've read the bad stories. She's also alright with (although not her favorites) the chicken and lamb flavor of max cat and nutro. Our pet store just started carrying Merrick canned cat foods, so we're trying those today (although that would have to be a treat, b/c they are more pricey than the rest).
I feel your pain with a picky cat!! Sheba still has days were we'll put something down, such as wellness, that we know she likes, and she'll sniff and walk away. Just keep trying.
Emskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

Just realized this was for DRY food... well... hmm. My post is not exactly related!! Sorry!
Emskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Mine love Chicken Soup, they also get California Natural and a holistic Canadian brand.

They just looked at me when I put Innova and Wellness and Wysong in front of them... not even Scully ate it and thats saying something!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

We've been on Natural Balance dry for about 7 or 8 months now, and no complaints from the cats!

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow" -- Mark Twain
Hippyhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My gang of eight were hooked on Royal Canin (for sensitive & fussy eaters) for the longest time. After I discovered Natural Balance (@Petco) I wanted them to switch. I put out both brands & they would only "pick" at the NB. It took at least 2 months before they totally rejected the Royal Canin. I'm going to try Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul on them next, just for varieties sake.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Default Re: Food for picky cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe
Oh jeez..I just realized I probably should have posted this on the Health and Nutrition board Hope you'll forgive me.
I'm all over it, Ianthe!
Annissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement