Know of Corn-free Dry Cat Food? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 01:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Know of Corn-free Dry Cat Food?

I have been searching for a Dry cat food that is CORN FREE-- no corn products whatsoever. The only one I found was Innova-- and I can't find anywhere in town that carries that. Does anyone else know of a CORNFREE dry cat food?

A plus would be a grain-free dry cat food, but I am more concerned about corn at the moment...

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." - Joseph Wood Krutch
JackieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2005, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

do you have Felidae in your area??

Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat, (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Rosemary Extract), Menhaden Fish Meal, Eggs, Flax Seed Meal, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Lecithin, Nutritional Yeast, Natural Flavors, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Amaranth, DL Methionine, Taurine, Kelp, Cranberry Meal, Apple Meal, Probiotics, (Freeze Dried Streptococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Freeze Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product), Vitamins A, D-Activated Animal Sterol Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine-Hydrochloride, Thiamin, Biotin, Amino Acid Chelated Minerals, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Copper, Cobalt, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Bacillus Subtilis, Yeast Culture, Yucca Schidigera Extract.

Corn free, wheat free....my 2 love it !

Siggy by ForJazz
clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Default corn free dry food

hi
natural Balance (by dick van patten of all people lol) is corn free- it has brown rice and potatoes

Purina One sensitive system is made with turkey and rice, no corn

i have two cats who are allergic to wheat, corn, etc so its very hard to find food for them

i am trying to wean them off of all dry and just have them eat canned but its hard, they like their crunchy kibble!!

good luck
(ps you can get Natural Balance and Purina One at Pet food direct online- also if you do not wish to buy cat food online, but want to find grain free or corn free cat food, they list the ingredients of all the foods they sell, and they sell a LOT of brands, so its worth checking them out just to see what you can find that you may be able to buy locally)

althea and the girls

check out my babies at
http://community.webshots.com/user/catnapt
catnapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Another corn-free dry cat food: California Natural
Good quality. Made with chicken and brown rice. The first ingredient is chicken.
Meowmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I *think* some of the Wellness are corn free.
If you can find Wellness, California natural, ect.... that store should be able to order Innova for you.
Innova EVO is the grain-free dry food. It's fairly new, so not all stores are carrying it yet, but you can ask for it to be ordered.
Here is a link to Innova to find a store near you.

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=stores-tab

They say...
it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a Day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.
jennifer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

To the best of my knowledge, all Wellness dry formulas are corn, wheat, and soy-free. All of Natura's cat foods (Innova, Evo, California Naturals, Healthwise) are corn-free (and Evo is grain-free), as are Natural Balance, Felidae, and (I think) Solid Gold (someone check me on that one). I am also pretty sure that Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers' Soul is corn-free (I have personal misgivings about CS food, but many swear by it, and I'm almost positive it's corn-free). I'm not sure about Newman's Own, but I know some here feed it and could say for sure.
Gudewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

My cats love Newman's Own although I am weaning them off of dry food. Here's the ingredient list:

Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Rice, Organic Milo, Organic Barley, Organic Oats, Organic Ground Flax Seed, Fish Meal, Fish Protein Concentrate, Organic Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Naturally Stabilized with Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary), Natural Flavor, Calcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Potassium Chloride, Organic Carrots, Organic Potatoes, Parsley, Dehydrated Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dehydrated Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Zinc Amino Acid Complex (Source of Chelated Zinc), Iron Amino Acid Complex (Source of Chelated Iron), Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (Source of Chelated Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex (Source of Chelated Copper), Niacin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Ascorbate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Cobalt Proteinate (Source of Chelated Cobalt), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Potassium Iodide, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Sodium Selenite.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Yes, Chicken Soup is corn free, I've been feeding it to my cats for a few months & they like it & are doing good on it.

Ingredients:
Chicken, Salmon, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, whole grain white rice, potatoes, cracked pearled barley, millet, turkey, duck, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, salt, choline chloride, chicory root extract, dl-methionine, potassium chloride, taurine, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, kelp, cranberry powder, rosemary, parsley flake. Vitamins and minerals.

They were previously on Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Indoor Adult Cat formula, but I didn't like that it contained Corn Gluten Meal as the 3rd ingredient so I switched them to CS.

I'm sure that there are foods that are better than CS, but living in a small town in Louisiana, I look for what is available locally (shipping is too expensive). Also with 6 cats, I also have to consider the price & Chicken Soup is very affordable.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

someone already mentioned Natural Balance, but i also wanted to add that NB Venison and Green Pea for Cats is grain-free.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Thank you everyone! you have given me a lot to go on-- I am thinking of switching my cat to a grain free food, preferrably corn free at least.

"Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia." - Joseph Wood Krutch
JackieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement