Frantic cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Frantic cat

Hi I'm new here and have a question about my calico cat Tipper. When I got home this evening Tipper was acting kind of frantic. She kept cleaning herself in a very hyper way and hid under my bed until I pulled her out. Then she wanted to hide in my closet. Every 15 minutes or so she would clean herself franticallyand look at me like she didn't know me. Her skin would twitch as well. It's been about 4 hours and she seems a little calmer. She is sitting on the desk next to me looking very tired. She's still cleaning herself, but not as much or as intensely as earlier. She wants me to brush her but not hold her. The only thing I can think of is that we have an invasion of black ants. Could this be a reaction to a bite? What else can I do? She used the litter box earlier and seemed alright there. Any ideas, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2005, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

My cat has this every once in a while, but it goes away by itself generally. It may be something like ticks, but if she doesn't do it often, it should be okay. If not, try using an anti-tick shampoo that you can find in pet stores.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Default Seems better

She seems much better this morning, so I guess a call to the vet is in order just to figure out what happened. Thanks for the advice!
Tipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement