How late in pregnancy can you spay?
I think one of my ferals is pregnant, and I'm stuck about what to do. She hasn't been vetted yet (thanks giving made it difficult, but I'm hoping to get them in this week) so I'm not sure if it's a wormy belly, or babies. She's emaciated, so it's even more pronounced, but it looks like a baby belly to me.
Problem is, is that if I can't get her spayed this Tuesday, we have to wait until next Tuesday. That's a week and a half, and if she's showing this much already, I wonder how late into her potential pregnancy that takes us. I've also been told that the feral clinic I'm going to may not spay her if they suspect she's that far along. I'm stuck because I'm leaving for Christmas for 2 weeks in the middle of December and am having a hard enough time trying to get someone to watch 4 feral cats for me, never mind 4 ferals AND a litter of kittens (and I have 3 dogs and a house kitty).
If it can be done safely, I will seek out another vet even if that means paying full price (I'm trying to take advantage of a low cost feral program). And truth be told, the less unwanted cats, the better, you know?
I'm just stressing because I didn't plan on having 4 foster kitties over the holidays.