How to tell if a cat is pregnant? - Page 5 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
Cool Cat

When I put my hands on her and feel movement, it's very small movements, like it always has been, but they do seem more frequent now. I have never been pregnant myself and never spent much time around people or cats who are, so I don't have much pregnancy experience. I'm not sure what the movements should feel like.

So far as discharge, the only thing her back end smelled like is a bit of poo (Oh yeah, I smelled it), so we're good there. I haven't seen any excessive licking or any signs of discomfort or irritation either.
Venusworld21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Still no babies. I've had her 61 days so far.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
Premier Cat

She's still within the time frame.....usually it's 63-65 days, tho Ive had some queens go longer to 67 days. So hang in there, it sounds to me as if she''s going to have a very small litter, maybe 2, but it actually feels like little kicks when the kittens are active. Often the kittens gets quieter a day before the birthing, but every cat is different. Some queens like their owner to be present during the birthing, others want to do it all on their own. Had a queen once, and never saw her have her kittens, as she never indicated to me when it was "time" and usually had them in the middle of the night. Other queens insisted I sit beside them and if I got up to leave to go to the washroom would get very upset and follow me. She's an experienced queen and has had a successful litter, so I wouldn't worry. Just stay calm and relaxed and talk to her sweetly. Goood luck, hope everything goes well.

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #44 (permalink)
Cool Cat

That's what I was thinking (hoping?) too, is a very small litter with just 2-3 instead of 7 like her last batch. That could explain why her belly looks different sizes if there's only a few and they keep changing position.

On the feeling them move thing...I'm horrible at that. The only other pregnant cat I've been around recently was Azula, the mother of my cat Erek (who is 9 months old today, happy birthday big guy!). Long story but basically owner wanted to dump her on craigslist 'cause she was pregnant and owner didn't want to deal with kittens and her two small children being attached. I offered to foster her and deal with the kitten stuff if she wanted mama back and would pay for the spay surgery. Azula came to my house 4 days before she popped out 5 kittens. Her owner kept putting my hand on her stomach and saying "do you feel that!? They're kicking up a storm!" I couldn't feel a darn thing, but she popped 4 days later, so I think I'm just bad at pregnancy stuff, lol. I can't feel tons of movement, but I don't count that for much, since I couldn't feel movement on a cat who was very definitely pregnant.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Cat Addict

If nothing happens in the next day or two, it might be worth asking someone else to take a look - a vet if you can manage it but, if not, maybe someone who has been around pregnant cats quite a bit.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I am planning to take her to my vet either friday or saturday if nothing has happened by then. Everywhere is closed on Thursday for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Still nothing on the baby watch.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #48 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Nothing still. I'm going to try to get her in to the vet tomorrow. I've had her 65 days as of today.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I called the vet and they were actually able to fit us in today, so Tootsie got checked out tonight. The vet spent quite a bit of time palpating her, listened for heartbeats, took her temperature, palpated some more and the finally declared her....

NOT PREGNANT!

However, she does still "look" very pregnant. Vet says it was either a false pregnancy, or she could have been pregnant but miscarried. Either way, she's not pregnant now and will be having her spay surgery in a couple weeks--just as soon as we can get her milk fully dried up. No more babies for Tootsie, ever. And boy does she deserve it!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Well that's a relief all around and a good result I'd say. Yes, it will be best that "Tootsie" gets spayed.

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement