Cat shows? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tom Cat

The only thing I'm worried about is it looks like it will be a long day. You have to be there at 9 and it goes until 5 two days in a row. I'm trying to get some friends to come along and hopefully CB will use a litterbox while caged...if we end up having to leave though I will only be out $50.

ETA, my4kitties, Lucky is beautiful!

Here's how CB is looking these days...

Last edited by jadis; 02-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.
jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cat

Awwwwww, Cheddar Biscuit would definitely win if I were judging!

By the way, was their any resolution on Cheddar's hearing problem?
OSCARSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Yes, I think he can hear now, he is just oddly unreactive to loud noises and things that startle my other cats. He has been responding to tinkling sounds from bell toys though.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Sounds like Biscuit would do well at the show....loud speakers blaring entry #s all day calling up the entrants to the judging cages won't likely bother him. He is very cute with a wonderful expression and large eyes. If he likes being handled and is laid back, he may come home with a finals ribbon. Hard to tell in his pic, but his color looks like "red point". Yes, 2-day shows are long days, and most of the time the cats get sleepy in the afternoon and snooze between rings. Tip: write your entry number on the back of your wrist with a ballpoint pen (particularly if showing more than one cat), sometimes if you're visiting away from your bench and they call your number it can be missed if you're not sure of it.)

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Yes, I think he can hear now, he is just oddly unreactive to loud noises and things that startle my other cats. He has been responding to tinkling sounds from bell toys though.
That's great - I was worried about the little guy. My Oscar was also very laid back about loud noises. Noises that would send his brother to hide under the bed sometimes got just an ears-back response from him. I think he could hear them, he just wasn't bothered by them!

Good luck at the show!
OSCARSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Thank you and thanks for the tips. Yes I think he would be a red point, here's his tail...

Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Premier Cat

What a sweet boy! If he has barring on his leg points, like his tail, then he's "red lynx point".

"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
catloverami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My4kitties, wow, Lucky is beautiful! He's got a sort of Norwegian Forest cat type look going on .
He reminds me of a black and white domestic longhair kitten who was dumped on my friends farm last summer and she started showing him in Household Pets in TICA and he became one of the top HHP Kittens in the world!

There is no upper age limit to show a cat.... The same friend has an 8 year old black and white DSH who was the top HHP adult in our region last year. I've seen cats in their teens being shown in HHPs.
It just depends on whether you think it is something Lucky would be able to enjoy. It might be harder starting out as a middle aged cat, but some of them do fine.
No matter what, I'm sure he is a winner to you!
maewkaew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

jadis, CB is looking adorable!
You might want to bring some of his usual litter along. The show provides litter, but if you think he might be picky, bring a familiar kind along.
It's a long day but I'm going to suggest you get there pretty early in the set up time so that the activity and sound and smells gradually build around them rather than walking in when there are already very many cats and people in the show hall, and it might feel more overwhelming to them.
Bring familiar cat beds or blanket or something that smells like them already.
You can bring an extra cover to drape over part of the front of the cage if you think the cats might like some privacy.
I would clip their claws a day or so before. Then you won't have to bother with that at the show hall and that might be easier on them.
maewkaew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement