Cat Forum banner

dang... my cat is tearing out his stitches!!!!!!!!!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gunterkat 
#1 ·
argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!!

In the middle of the night, I kept hearing this sound... (there are no words to describe it), and I finally look over and there is Sampson leaned over himself, with his head in his belly... biting his stitches and trying to rip them out, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

**** this cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... and you wonder why he ate a piece of rubber plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I looked this morning, and sure enough one is out :( geezuz, he better not have eaten it!! It's pretty small though... when I looked at him in the middle of the night, I could see one (the one he managed to remove) and see that one side was removed. I felt it and it's pretty thin metal thing.

Gosh, what the heck do I do... I have to go to work this morning!! Should I take off and get this cat to a vet and get a cone thingy for his neck!!

It's been 11 days since his surgery, and although his incision looks healed and he's scheduled to have the stitches removed this weekend, I doubt him ripping them out is a good solution.

Sometimes this cat :(

See less See more
#3 ·
nanook said:
Silly Sampson! :D
If it looks like the incision has healed, although it's not the best thing, it's probably O.K. at this point but I would call the vet and ask them.
hi nanook... I meant to post an update. I took him in this morning, and the vet actually removed the stitches. So he is back home now and is doing good. This episode looks to be ending, wheww... what a costly and emotional piece of plastic rubber that was, LOL!!

:)

#5 ·
coaster said:
Sounds like he had staples. Did you ever find the one he ripped out?
um no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... but it is so small, it would be almost impossible to find in my condo. I looked in the bed where I saw him biting them :(... but I didn't find that one, arggggggggggggggggggggggggh!! It could be anywhere, but it better not be in his stomach that is all I have to say!!, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.