Unique stories: how you decided your cats name. - Page 15 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #141 (permalink)
Kitten

When I first brought Ash and Whiskers home I simply addressed them both as "Cat". Since the cats required names when I first took them to the vet I had to think of something better. Although he doesn't look anything the same, Whiskers is named after the first cat we had in the family as children. Ash is named after none other than Bruce Campbell's character Ashley J. "Ash" Williams.

Most of the time I still call them both cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #142 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Named my jr high / high school / college cat Winky since he winked at me as we took him home after picking him up.

My current cat Squeek we named since she makes so many little squeeky sounds. Lickoriche is named so since she's black and kind of sweet.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #143 (permalink)
Kitten

I decided to give my fur ball the name "Smitty" because he reminded me of one of those tough hollywood gangsters from those cheesy '30's movies with how mischievous and naughty he was/is.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #144 (permalink)
Cat

It is typical in France that each year the name of cats begin with different letter of the alphabet. This year it is letter G.

When I went to the shelter to pick up a kitty with my boyfriend, they had a little table with different names beginnig with G. My boyfriend picked up Ginfis and I liked it a lot! No extraordinary story but that is how we pick her name

Last edited by marie73; 12-27-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM   #145 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Rita was called MIMI. That was not the right name for this hyperactive cat. So we renamed her to RITA, because she is so lovely and The Beatles made a song about a "Lovely Rita". We also call her "Ritalinie". Guess why...

Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #146 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My 3 cats are all Himalayans so one is "Yeti" for the Abominable Snowman (named by his foster mom's boyfriend before I adopted him - thanks - great name!), "Kabuki," named for his great markings that remind me of the Japanese theater makeup, and "Mishka," ("little bear" in Russian) because she is very shy and reminds me of a little teddy bear.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #147 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Momo started off as Li'l Smokie, in memory of Smokey, my Bridge boy. However, as time went on, the name "Li'l Smokie" just didn't fit her...but I still wanted to her name to have some kind of Smokey feeling to it. Around the same time, my ex-husband started calling her Momo, after the lemur in Avatar: The Last Airbender because of her large ears. Since Momo could also be a nickname for Smokey (though not for my Smokey, he didn't have nicknames based on his name), Li'l Smokie became Momo in June, two months after being called Li'l Smokie.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #148 (permalink)
Kitten

Murphy (still miss him) got his name three days after we brought him home. He was testing the slipperiness of the front hall by getting a head of steam up and putting the brakes on about six feet from the front door - sliding along and using the doormat to slow him down. That bunched the mat up against the door and made it very interesting to open. Third day, hubby was trying to open the door and swearing..."J****s Murphy!" He said it a couple times before I got to the door, and Murphy mewed in response to each "Murphy". When hubby got in and the mat was straightened out, he looked at the cat and said "Murphy" a couple of times more, getting a mew for each. Therefore - Murphy.

Ember was a mystery for over two weeks. She's a tortie, with lovely markings and a black stripe down the middle of her nose. We toyed with "Harlequin" but "Harley" didn't really do it, so one evening we were looking at television and there was a closeup of coals in a fireplace. We realized Ember looked like a ember - black and orange and white and gold. Therefore - Ember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread