Am I silly? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

Oh Yue4prez - that is EXACTLY what happened to my darling boy Thomas on March 31st 2012. I had been at work all day and got home just after 5pm. As usual I fed my 4 cats before doing anything else and as I turned to look at Thomas who sitting at the kitchen door he just seemed to stagger, collapse and I had my hand on him and was saying ''Stay with me Thom-Thom'' as, with my other hand, I rang the vet. Within seconds he had passed away tho' and even as I spoke to the vet, David, I told him that Thomas had gone The surgery is only about a minute away and David was there anyway checking up on a dog so I drove straight around and he checked Thomas over and agreed that it was a heart attack.

It's perfectly natural, I feel, to 'dread' the dates coming around of when you lost a loved one and there's nothing wrong with mourning an animal as much as a human

All I can offer is ((((((HUGE HUGS)))))) to EVERYONE missing a furry loved one and 'advice' of letting it all out in tears if you feel it building up inside - I'm a big believer in the healing properties of tears. And talking about it too....don't be afraid to post on here if things are getting too much. I've learnt over the years that forums like this are PRICELESS in helping with the grieving process as everybody on here knows exactly what it's like to love an animal and to have lost an animal. Apart from my hubby Neil and fellow cat lovers on forums I don't have anyone who understands the bond I have with all animals and don't have anyone to talk to about losing them who REALLY understands what joy and selfless love animals give.
Gillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
I'm glad for this thread. I had always wanted to post about how guilty I felt, and still feel, about Smokey's final minutes. I would start a post, but halfway through, I'd delete it. I just couldn't find the words and I thought I was silly
NOBODY who truly loved an animal - whether it be cat, dog, horse or hamster - would ever think it silly to feel as you do! They would understand 100%. It's those poor souls who don't live with animals or, worse still, those who live with them but treat them as 'just animals' who will never understand and THEY are the poorer for it!

I just want to give you a (((GREAT BIG HUG))) sweetie because I know exactly how you feel
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You are not silly, you are still grieving. I adopt old cats, most thrown away by uncaring people because they decide the cat just doesn't "fit" in to their lives anymore. We found Sam, a beautiful silver persian when he was 12 and had him only 4 1/2 years. He died knowing he was wanted, treasured and so loved. I still cry when I think of him and it's been a year since his passing. The dates are a terrible coincidence for you. Schedule something wonderful on the 17th - visit a kennel or rescue org. Donate your time that day. Do SOMETHING positive and that day will pass like 99% of the other January 17ths you've had!!
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
You are not silly, you are still grieving. I adopt old cats, most thrown away by uncaring people because they decide the cat just doesn't "fit" in to their lives anymore. We found Sam, a beautiful silver persian when he was 12 and had him only 4 1/2 years. He died knowing he was wanted, treasured and so loved I still cry when I think of him and it's been a year since his passing. The dates are a terrible coincidence for you. Schedule something wonderful on the 17th - visit a kennel or rescue org. Donate your time that day. Do SOMETHING positive and that day will pass like 99% of the other January 17ths you've had!!
Oh Marcia (((HUGS))) THAT is exactly why Neil and I go for the oldies too! The feeling of satisfaction at knowing we have actually made a difference to one little cat in their final weeks or months is priceless

That's a really lovely idea to perhaps do some rescue work on 17th....not sure about going to a kennel tho'......if you're anything like me you'll come home with something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement