A Sad Story with a happy ending!!! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

There is a true ending to this story. Dante was too feral to keep inside first chance he got he ran but he was always at my door. He did come in for food,water love and and playtime with everyeone but he left always. this past summer he came to my door he didn't eat but stayed on the balcony with my other babies. they snuggled him and cleaned him. I noticed the huge black spot on his side. We figured he was attacked by a racoon. He would not come into the house and he wouldn';t let me pick him up. I noticed he was shaking and very unsteady. My son and I spent 6 hours just lvoing and petting him and he purred the whole time. then he left and the next day I found him under a tree and he had passed away. We buried him. I'am so sad he is goine but at least in the last 2 years of his life he knew he was loved and wanted. R.I.P Dante see you at the Rainbow bridge someday.
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premier Cat

He is just gorgeous! Are you going to get his leg looked at soon?
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

So pleased for Dante, I have a rescue kitten. Dolly she was found in a garden shed with her mother and 4 sisters and taken to our families boarding kennels she was 8/12 weeks old and weighed 150grams her sisters were using her for target practice. I took her home and bottle fed 5mls of milk every 90mins for 2 weeks and kept her safe and warm when she was strong enough she moved onto recovery meat for 2 weeks at the beginning of december I managed to get her onto kitten food because she is still so small I have to soak it in boiled water and spread a little pate on top to tempt her but now at roughly 4/5 months old she weighs 1lb and runs round the house with my older bad tempered cat and 2 yorkshire terriers. Unfortunatley the vet thinks she has some form of dwarfism that's why I joined this forum hopefully to find more info to help with Dollys needs in the future as she gets older (and hopefully bigger it will make it easier to catch her when its feedin time)
dollysmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Poor sweet Dante. He had a rough life, but it was made so much sweeter through your love and care for him.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

So sorry just saw your last post poor Dante
dollysmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Premier Cat

My heart breaks for Dante. Thanks for showing him love and feeding him. Such a sad story. I dont understand how people can ignore cats and wounded ones at that and not do anything about them. I hope bad karma visits the people in a big way who abandoned this cat. Run free and happy and healthy sweet Dante. All of us on CF would of loved you too!

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

He was very much loved by all of us and he still is. He lives on in our hearts. i also adopted his duaghter from a friend who was going to have her put down as no one wanted her. So I took in and she is so much like her daddy. I look into her eyes and I see them both looking back at me....I couldn't give Dante the full life he deserved but I can give it to Ferra.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat

I'm so sorry to hear about Dante's passing. You did the best you could and loved him. I'm happy you were able to adopt his daughter. It was meant to be. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your photos of her.
orrymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Kitten

Thank you Orry. I'm glad I have her...she is so loving and gentle just like Dante was. I will be posting pics of her as soon as I get a new camera..she is a beauty!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's so heartbreaking!

Last edited by maggiepie; 05-28-2014 at 09:11 PM.
maggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement