A Sad Story with a happy ending!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default A Sad Story with a happy ending!!!

Last year I moved into the apt I'm in now and on my 4th day here I noticed this beautiful cat. He was big and fluffy but he could only walk on 3 legs. the 4th his back left leg was literally hanging off. It had been badly broken somehow. I tried to get him to come to me but he wouldn't. i found out this beautiful animal had been abandoned 3 years earlier by an uncaring owner. So I made it my mission to try to help him. He didn't trust any humans so I worked on earning his trust. i left food out and water and he began to come around. He finally let me close enough to touch him. Last night he came into my apartment and I quickly closed the balcony door. he was now safe inside my place. he makes kitty number 6 for me. Right now he is in the bedroom window. I know he is scared but my cats are trying to make him feel welcome by getting up on the sill with him and just sitting. Eventually he will come around(i used to work with a cat rescue) So I know he will. He loves to be petted but is still not quite trusting me yet,but at least he is warm,safe in a place wit food and clean water. He is very underweight(his fur makes him look bigger then he is) I ahve named him Dante and i have included a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
A Sad Story with a happy ending!!!-dante.jpg  
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

What a sweet looking boy! What is the status of his leg now? You mentioned it was badly broken, but a year ago..

And how did you find out what had happened to him (the uncaring owner)? Does that mean he was out in the elements for three years?

Also, how sweet of your resident cats to help make him feel welcome

...AND HOW AWESOME OF YOU to let Dante in! You are a great person
Old 02-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

I was informed by the management of the complex i live in that he was abandoned. His leg healed but not quite right. It is slightly twisted but my vet thinks she can fix it i fell in love with Dante he is so sweet and easy to love. He just needs to get used to someone who actually cares. As to how his leg got broken it was some kids in the complex tossing rocks at him But he is safe now.....And he knows it. and yes he was out in the elements for 3 long years OH!! and one other thign he is the daddy to my little girl Ferra We think he is a ragdoll but not really sure. He is pretty dirty but we will clean him up with some wipes.

Last edited by LisaF; 02-16-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
As to how his leg got broken it was some kids in the complex tossing rocks at him ... and yes he was out in the elements for 3 long years
UGH I HATE KIDS. Well. I hate mean kids.

Poor Dante. So glad he is safe now
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

I know blondie so do I. and yes he is very safe loved and wanted
Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

Dante is beautiful! I'm glad your other kitties are trying to make him feel welcomed. Keep us posted about his leg. Thank you for finding a place in your home for him.
Lucy
orrymain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

Beautiful, handsome boy!! I second that you are GREAT for what you've done for him! It sounds like Dante is in for a wonderful life after having a tough go at it due to cruel people. It's so sweet that your other kitties are making it so easy for him to come around when he is able, just wonderful for him. I am excited for him to be completely at ease and finally able to EXPECT love and care! My manager used to throw rocks at the kittens I rescued next to my work until I ripped him a brand new one!!! Ugh, some people and kids.
feedmycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Dante is handsome, and I'm so glad you've been able to get him inside and safe. Thank you.

I fed a big ginger outside for several years and it took me three months or more to get him to trust me. I used to feed him in the carport on the hood of the car when I had one. One day he left his food and came right over to me. I stroked his head twice and he turned away and jumped down. Then he looked up at me and I'd swear his expression said, "I can't believe I did that."

So you're quite right. Don't push things and mostly they come around.

One fun thing about big ginger was that a few times he wanted something and I didn't know what it was, so he'd turn round, and from a distance spray in my direction.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

lol Jim..that is cute!! And yes they do come around when they feel you arn't going to hurt them. I just love Dante and so do all my other roomies...he is still in the window I don't think he knows what to do now that he is warm and safe....He keeps peeking at me from around the corner and then runnign back to the window....but he loves it when I pet him Tomorrow he will be better
Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Dante you don't know it yet, but you have just won the kitty lottery.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement