Meet Tucker - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default Meet Tucker

Hi everyone, I'm Nicole. I've made a few threads on various forums so I thought it was time to introduce Tucker to everyone. I adopted Tucker from a local rescue in February. He was five or six months old when I adopted him. He was very skittish when I first brought him home. He'd run from me if I approached too fast (I think he wasn't used to humans or had a bad experience before I got him) and I had to make the "first move" more often than not. But now he's a love bug, especially when it's cold out. He sleeps on the bed with me and curls up in my lap when I'm in the living room.

All these pictures are from the first few weeks I had him. I need to upload the newer pictures onto my computer...he looks the same though. Just a little bigger.

One of my favorite pictures, even though he's killing my laptop bag, lol.

Beautiful in blue!

The first time he laid in my lap.
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

What a pretty kitty!
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Tucker is beautiful! You can tell I'm partial to the orange boys.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Tucker is a handsome man.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

I absolutely ADORE orange tabbies, they are my favorite favorite favorite. I can't stress this enough, I will ALWAYS own an orange tabby.. always. I have one right now, his name is Boogey man and he is the light of my soul, my beating of my heart, the LOVE of my life. I honestly feel crazy sometimes, but he is literally my soulcat. (I do believe they exist.) He has touched my heart forever and I will never forget him so long as I'm alive.

Your Tucker has beautiful markings though, I simply can't say that enough! What a handsome boy. Thank you for being patient with him and letting him come out of his shell and giving him a good good life!!
savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Lovely - here we tend to call them "gingers" rather than "orange tabbies" but that ios lovely description. I have one as well.
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cat

Love his beautiful marbled fur

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
crazyismycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cat

Thanks everyone! He truly is a wonderful cat, very loving and still as playful as he was the day I got him. I've never been attracted to orange cats, but Tucker's coloring as well as the swirl pattern he has really captured my eye. I was afraid he'd grow out of it as he got older but it's still as prominent as it was when he was a kitten. He had a sister with the same swirl pattern but she was brown and black. I would've adopted her too if it wasn't for Tigerlilly--I knew it'd be hard enough for her to accept one new cat, let alone two! Tucker's sister didn't stay at the shelter long though. I hope she's as loved as Tucker is.

Quote:
I have one right now, his name is Boogey man and he is the light of my soul, my beating of my heart, the LOVE of my life. I honestly feel crazy sometimes, but he is literally my soulcat. (I do believe they exist.) He has touched my heart forever and I will never forget him so long as I'm alive.
I believe everyone has a soul cat too. Mine was Blue (a beautiful blue point Himalayan), he died a few years ago and it broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I still miss him but the ache isn't as strong now as it used to be. Tucker has helped to fill that void in some ways and we are close. I think every cat is going to have a different place in your heart, soul cat or not.
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premier Cat

He's so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen the classic tabby pattern on an orange tabby before. One of mine is a brown classic tabby, and I've seen silver. I wonder if the pattern is less common on orange tabbies?
spirite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

tigre86 - I am so so sorry to hear about your Blue, I can only imagine how hard it was for you to lose him. I've had Boogey for a little over 2 years now, and I honestly will never be able to picture life without him, he is just so amazing, and of course as I said above my soulcat. I do agree with you, we have 3 other cats & I do love them very much so, too, but it's just that special bond I share with him.
savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement