More of Matrix, along with some Foster Pics/Updates - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Default More of Matrix, along with some Foster Pics/Updates

We've had so many fosters, I'm starting to lose track! I've also been bad about not taking pics. :/

First, let's post Matrix pics, since this is long. xD
I was trying to get a pic of him with his bottom canine stuck on his lip, but apparently he felt like keeping all his teeth in his mouth. This was the closest I could get. :p

I think he looks like a pug in this pic. LOL

Then there's him just doing his cute thang.

Let's see, last update was with Mystic and Buddha.

Mystic was adopted. She had thyroid issues and was on meds for that, and her adoptive mommy also had to take thyroid medication! It was a perfect match and they took their meds in the morning together.
Sadly, Mystic developed cancer and has since crossed the rainbow bridge.

We still have Buddha - I need to take current pics of her. I feel really bad because she's been in our extra bedroom by herself. We go in there and spend as much time as we can with her, but it's still heartbreaking.
She's fine with Ozzy (Pom) now, but she wants absolutely NOTHING to do with other cats. She's a total sweetie and will love on you as long as you let her, but as soon as another cat is in sight, she turns into demon kitty. I even tried setting up our giant dog crate and sitting in there with her while Matrix roamed around the room. Still nope. (And I quickly regretted my decision to trap myself in a crate with an agitated kitty!)
Someone came to look at our kitties, and they didn't want to adopt her because she's too fat.

The past few weeks, we've been rotating out two pairs of fosters. The first pair is Molokai and Blossom, both females. I don't have any pics of them (but will get some soon). Molokai is a black DLH with big yellow eyes. Blossom is a little black/white DSH and she is SO SWEET.

The second pair was Frank and Stella. Frank was adopted on Friday.
It's always bittersweet when someone gets adopted. Frank was an awesome little kitty (with a terrible name). We were told he was a wild one and liked to play all night long, so I was kissing sleep good bye, since the kittens go in my room at night so she and her bf can sleep.
Let me just say - if I could have adopted him, I probably would have.
When I was on the computer, he sat in my lap then crawled up to my shoulder and chilled there for a while. When I went to bed, he lay on my pillow against my head and purred himself to sleep.

So this little mister is Frank. (Hopefully his name's been changed by now, LOL!)
Cats are hard to get pictures of as it is - but WOW. I have NEVER had to try so hard to get a halfway-decent photo IN. MY. LIFE.

Then there's Stella. I don't know what her color would be called - blue tort? She's Molokai's littermate, but they don't really care for each other.
Her and Matrix are besties. They LOVE each other. They're always snuggling with one another and Matrix always pats at her floofy tail. Haha.
She can be cuddly and snuggly when she wants to be. If I move too fast, she'll bolt, though. Seems like half of the time she's a little snugglebug, and the other half, she bolts and hides.

I think their ears in this one is TOO funny!

And here's Olivia. She was adopted over a year ago and returned, but not in the usual way....
In the adoption contract it states that if you cannot keep your cat for ANY REASON, they MUST come back to us, and if you want to give the cat to someone else, they MUST be approved by the rescue. Well, the person who adopted her gave her to a friend, and then the friend dumped her off at the Humane Society. To make themselves feel better and 'justify' their reason for dumping her, they told them that she had behavioral problems. (Fear, peeing, aggression, etc). If the reason for an owner surrender is behavior, they go straight in the back to be euthanized.
THANKFULLY, they scanned her for a chip and the rescue was still a listed contact. They got a hold of the rescue's owner and she. Was. Livid. Not just because they breached the contract, but because one of our kitties was almost killed because of it.
Someone went and picked her up from the AZ Humane Society and now she's with us. She peed and pooped in her crate on the way home, so we had to give her a bath.
We expected to come out with gashes and wounds all over us.
Nope. She was good. Didn't hiss, growl, yowl, meow, spit - nothing. She was perfect.
She's SUCH a sweet little cat. It kills me to think that she could be in the dump right now.

Here she is, all curled up in a towel after her bath.

And, of course... I can't forget Jackrabbit! AKA, Cracker Jack.
We've had him for almost a year now. Not sure if anyone remembers, but when we brought him home, he was one of the shiest, most petrified kitties I've seen.
He's still pretty reclusive, but he loves my mom to bits. He still hides when I come in the room sometimes, but he'll usually just chill and watch me from wherever he's at. Typically I can pet him, but every now and then he'll try to pull away so I'll leave him alone.
He's still shy, but in the almost-year we've had him, he's come a long way! Unless a stranger comes in the room... then he's GONE.
He LOOOOOVES his little cat tree.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Cat

I love them all, but Jackrabbit is my favorite.
Greenport ferals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Stella looks like she could be a sister to my Miss Baby, so she is my favorite. Oh, who am I kidding..I would take them all home with me if I could.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Cat

All of them are beautiful, love the blue torti!

We have had a couple of instances in the past couple of months where we have been called by the shelter to pick up rescues that had been dumped there, thanks to our microchips. Crazy because we will take them back for any reason.
jadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cat Addict

They're all so sweet! Olivia's my favorite foster, partly because my first cat was named Olivia, partly because she's so cute, and partly because of that story. Why would that woman's friend take a cat if she didn't intend to keep it?!
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

Finally got some pics of Molokai and Blossom!

Here's Molokai. She's a sweetheart and she rubs up against Ozzy like Stella (her sister) does.

And here's Blossom. She is a MOTOR. BOAT. She wasn't caring for the camera attention as much as Molokai was, though. Haha.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Cat

OH my god look at Frank's coat, he is AMAZING...

...and OLIVIA! I just wanna go there and steal her and keep her forever! She is stunning, I can't stop looking at her pictures!

You're such a great person.

Sweet girl Sun, we miss you so much! Run free at the bridge.
Lenkolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement