Started Christmas display and cats are excited - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Oh that's cute. I知 so glad I知 not the only one. LOL. I know I shouldn稚 allow it but they are just so cute climbing around in the tree.

And yes it is a very large display that started years ago with major changes every year. I知 only making minor changes this year and I知 not sure if this is going to be the last year I put it up. The family has moved all over the country and neighbors have moved on. It was always about the kids and we used to have close to a hundred kids coming by to see it. Now it痴 down to just a few and even though I do enjoy it, I feel kind of silly going through all this trouble and not being able to share it.

It looks like I知 not going to have enough time to get this tree up for a few weeks because I知 going to Las Vegas for most of next week. And I have to work a few 10hr days. Anyway I don稚 want to bore anybody, but I have a YouTube video of the display from last Christmas if anybody is interested. Except the cats aren't in it
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Very cute pics though it made me cry because Razzle used to get into my christmas villages but he died in July. I have videos from last year of him in it. I set up my living room with villages and now that i have a new cat tree that Geets doesn't use (only Razzle used it) I decorated it, my computer desk, and the entertainment center. Be very careful with wires. My friend's cat burned her mouth extremely bad two weeks ago. We hope she will pull through.

Kathy
razzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cat

your pictures are adorable!

as far as the wires go, I don't have any first hand experience with this, but I do know that they sell some thick foam tubes you can squeeze wires in to to protect them. There's also some hard plastic ones and even ones made for cats that have some kind of orange scent on them. Check around on Amazon, maybe?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premier Cat

What an elaborate setup!

Our house is pretty disorganized. Last year I think we got a tree up two days before Christmas. A few years before that, we went to get a tree and everywhere was sold out (we usually get them from boy scouts), we went to one store and they had one left. The store was so busy we eventually walked off with the tree seeing as no one was helping us make the purchase for like 15 minutes despite asking for help a few times; they hadn't even realised they had a tree left before we asked to buy it since they'd taken down all their signage about the trees. We made sure they didn't have one left.

Hopefully we'll get a tree up at least a week before Christmas this year. We leave the trees up for about two weeks.

... I've never had a cat climb in the trees. I guess I have very unadventurous cats. A friend's cat always goes in their tree and runs off with a collection of their Christmas decorations.

Along with the dogs Tara and Coco.

Last edited by Carmel; 11-26-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Carmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Cat

H, I had a free week in Las Vegas at a deluxe suite with full kitchen and separate Bedroom with a Jacuzzi tub so the Christmas display is on hold for now. I’m in Las Vegas now and I was having internet withdraws so yesterday bought a small cheap laptop, but was having so many problems with the Internet service here and just now got connected. I just have such a hard time posting from those little cellphone screen.

Well anyway I tore the display all apart on Saturday and rewired it to be safer for the Cats after finding my favorite cat Squirts chewing on a wire. Luckily it was a low voltage one. I also ordered LED replacement lights so that if they do happen n to bite through it will not burn them and hopefully they will just receive a little shock at the most. They would have to bite through both sides of the wire at the same time for anything worst, which is unlikely with their small mouths. A dog could easily bite through with one bite.

I didn't get it finished on Sunday before leaving on the trip and i don' know when I'll be getting the new LED bulbs, so I'll have to finish when I get back.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I'm forgoing a Christmas tree this particular year... I don't trust two kittens to keep out of it and even if I could handle them tipping the tree or something, I'm in my mom's house, and she'd go balistic...
minikin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

See an opportunity to post a pic of your cat.... SEIZE IT!

Truman, last year.

GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cat

That's an adorable picture. Does anyone else's cat freak out if you point a camera (or phone) at them? I was able to get some decent pics with my new phone by using the zoom but she scurries off if I get too close.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Cat

My last cat, Pumpkin absolutely loved the tree! too much!
Had to tie it to the wall! and then she would eat the artificial leaves!!
and also the garland! She also played with, broke the glass ornaments and tried eating the others!
She even woke us up (before we tied it down) with a crash! Yup, tree was down!
and when we couldn't find her, she would be hiding in the tree!!
and this is when I was living at home with both my parents watching her!
The spray did not work for her..she saw the can and ran but that was it for effectiveness!

Now with Artie, this is my first year~ I am up in the air about a tree anyway..dad died a year ago.....and was put on hospice day after Christmas...so mixed feelings...
I think I will just do a few decorations...table top stuff---non edible to him...if my ceramic reindeer break, ok--they will not shatter...so I will take my chances..bought a fabric modernistic tree at Target for the centerpiece...that will do it this year..ARtie does love plastic..so the 7.5 ft tree is out...
artiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galathiel View Post
That's an adorable picture. Does anyone else's cat freak out if you point a camera (or phone) at them? I was able to get some decent pics with my new phone by using the zoom but she scurries off if I get too close.
If you can, leave the image capturing device (lol) laying around in an area where they can become comfortable with it. Or, before taking photos place it near them for a while.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement