My kitties enjoyed their Christmas gifts - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cat

Talking My kitties enjoyed their Christmas gifts

My mom got each of our cats a little catnip toy. Coda's is a beaver and Cal's is a hedgehog. When I was sleeping last night, my fiance took video of them playing with their new toys while I was asleep. (That big lump on the bed is me.) It was taken with my laptop's webcam, so the quality isn't great, but I still think it's adorable. The music is an original piano composition written and performed by my fiance.

Did your kitties enjoy their holiday season?
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

My sister bought me (not for my use!!!) a lovely cat play tree! Jemima is hogging it!!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat

I'm waiting to buy a cat tree until we move into a bigger place. Then they shall have the largest, most elaborate cat tree a kitty could ever wish for!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Mia and Buddha also got drugs for Christmas. They love the Petsmart Catnip Stoggies.

Fay isn't into the 'Nip so she got durable goods. A new office chair for cheap from the Sheriff's Youth Ranch Charity place(because she always steals mine) and a TV table that I placed by the dinning room window so she can have height over the grey and white cat that's by showing up on my deck. The TV table was much cheaper than a new cat tree but she loves it.

And Mia and Buddha also got their Christmas ham. Fay isn't into that either.

They all got some FF Salmon pate and then some tummy aches from that.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

I haven't given gifts to my cat yet as she caught the cat flu at the shelter while getting spayed (grrrrr)... so trying to have her relax. She usually goes mental when a new toy is introduced in her environment before it is disregarded and she returns to her collection of juice / milk plastic plugs. ( one of her gifts, is a box of them so she doesn't bother me each minute because she lost her last one... the time I spent fetching them from under stuff is insane.. ).

Last edited by autoexec; 12-27-2012 at 01:26 PM.
autoexec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

I felt sort of bad that I didn't personally get my kitties anything for Christmas, but they have so many toys and treats already, so I opted to save my money and get them an epic cat tree after we move next month.

I thought it was really sweet of my mom to get them toys, though. She's not really a cat person (horrible allergies), but she is an overall animal-lover and dog person, so she can at least appreciate the love people have for pets of all species, and she knows how much I love my kitties, even though she teases me about going over to the "dark side," since I was raised with dogs.

Looking back, I was really lucky to be raised in an animal-friendly household. We always had dogs and I had rats and a bearded dragon as a kid. My parents never batted an eyelash at taking the rats or the lizard to the vet when needed. We did jokingly refer to one of my rats as "Maxine the $200 rat" because of al the vet bills she racked up (nobody else seemed to understand how or why anybody would spend so much money on a rat that we bought for $6, but thank god my folks understood that there are few things more pricesless than a beloved childhood pet, even if it's not a cat or a dog), but I was fortunate enough to have parents who understood that a pet was never "just a rat" or "just a lizard." All our pets, no matter how small, were treated as members of the family. I'm so thankful that I was raised with proper morals regarding the responsibility of pet ownership. It seems like not enough people are.
Advertisement