Hi Everyone from Toronto - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Cool Hi Everyone from Toronto

HI there,

Wanted to introduce myself. I am Furmummy to two wonderful kitties and cant wait to share and talk with others who love there kitties as much as I do.

Here is a little about my babies.

BEE

Bee is our little princess cat, We adopted her from the Toronto Animal Shelter back in October 2011 at 10 weeks old. We always say that Bee chose us. from the moment we walked into the room she was up at her cage meowing like a banshee. and as soon as we took her out she played with her Daddy and purred like a dump truck for me with cute little eyes begging us to take her home. From the moment we got her home she settled right in. She has been a little superstar. She was our first cat and we were as nervous as she was. She learnt her manners, ate her food good and was always a good girl. She is a total snuggle bug and can be quite vocal when she wants something. She makes me laugh with the shenanigans she gets up to at least every day. She has never had any health problems and has been the superstar of cats. She can be quite aloof when she feels like it. when we have company she will come to you, but dont even think about picking her up shes far too busy and important. She is more like a dog sometimes and she taught us to play fetch. and she loves her little snake toy that she carries around with her everywhere even to her food bowl.

BOO

Boo is our bruiser cat who was adopted again from TAS in November 2012. She was found as an injured stray and by the grace of god was put up for adoption. TAS are usually pretty rutheless with there kill policy for injured strays but somehow she made it through and then we walked through the door. They had aged her at 7 months however, she was smaller than Bee was at 10 weeks. she was tiny, malnourished and sick with a cold. but once again she found us, as soon as we took her out you could see she was full of spunk yet adorable and loving as she snuggled into my arm. When we had decided to get another kitty this was not what we were looking for. but we couldnt resist her and again bought her home.

Like Bee she settled in like she had always been here. The introduction to Bee could not have gone better and within a week they were snuggled up together on there bed kissing and hugging.

Boo has been far harder work, being a stray for so long she had yet to learn her manners. she is a little tough cookie and although she plays very well, she can bite quite hard, even after a month she is learning the gentle command very well.

Her records indicated that she suffered quite badly with her stomach. She was treated for worms and other stomach ailments, however she still continues to have pretty runny toilet habits on occasion. we have since realized that this is because she was a stray and would eat anything she still has a tendency to do that around the house. She is still learning that she doesn't have to feast or famine. To try and get her tummy into working order and stop her clearing a room with her toots and clearing the house every time she uses the litter box we quickly got her onto a high end wet/dry combo with a strict feeding schedule 3 times a day. This seems to be working well and she has gained 3lb (she was a meager 4lb when we got her with her ribs showing!)

She really is a card and runs around the house like an american footballer LOL its nice to have a baby around the house again who is mischievous. she is certainly giving her sister a run for her money.

They are both spoilt rotten and I love them dearly. IM so glad to have rescued them both.
Attached Thumbnails
Hi Everyone from Toronto-bee.jpg   Hi Everyone from Toronto-boo.jpg   Hi Everyone from Toronto-booandbee.jpg  
britishvixen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Your girls are gorgeous. Boo looks healthy and it is great that the two get along so well. They are both beautiful and lucky that you adopted them.
Janz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Thanks Janz, she sure looks a lot different to when we bought her home she was all skin and bones and had that sick cat smell about her.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Just to make sure I'm clear - Bee's the first photo, and Boo is the second? They're both adorable. Bee with those big round eyes, and Boo with the beautiful green ones.

I love your description that Bee taught you how to play fetch!
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Yes Bee is the first pic she has more white on her face. I love those eyes!

She really did teach us though LOL she had a piece of a bath robe that was long and stringy that she had taken for herself and she was bring it to us, we would throw it and then all of a sudden it would be dropped at our feet again lol

she was like a dog she would just keep bringing it back LOL its a shame as she doesnt do it now Boo is here. they play so much together Bee just doesnt play one on one as much, plus Boo runs like an Olympian doing the 100 metre dash and gets anything first if you throw it LOL.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Hi BV,

Nice to see another Torontonian on here. Your girls are lovely! They have such nice, shiny coats.
dt8thd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I noticed you were from Toronto as well dt8thd on another post.

*waves from Leaside*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement