rescuing a cat... - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 05:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmeray View Post
You mentioned she doesn't like being held at the moment,my cat has never liked being held. She loves sitting/sleeping on me and being petted, but hates being physically "held", especially if I try to pick her up.
I will ditto ezmeray! Only 1 of my 4 cats likes to be picked up and will tolerate being held for a short time. Aside from Missy none of the others is a true lap cat. Only 2 of the others will quietly sit by my side. Jack is totally independent. Each cat is different - not all are lap cats. My Jack HATES to be picked up, fights like crazy and will totally avoid me for a long time afterwards if I try. Not looking forward to the vet visit Tuesday! He may hate me for a week after that!!!
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I use liter box liners with great sucess. Get the thicker ones though. It makes changing the litter box a breeze and keeps the box itself clean!

Last edited by marie73; 01-16-2013 at 10:00 PM.
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Not sure what you mean by putting the tree on computers (???) Return the plastic litter scoop and buy one of those metal ones. You will thank me one day!!! Are you going to have enough $$$ left over to pay the rent?? I never use liners, just the scoopable litter. Sanitized my boxes for the first time last week.

Last edited by marie73; 01-16-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

I wouldn't put the cat tree on top of anything. If it would happen to fall over, it will scare her bigtime & she won't want to go there again.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Kitten

Here is a (slightly blurry Galaxy S3) pic of her after a long playing session at the shelter. I am picking her up tomorrow. I think I will change her name from Lucille to Zoe.

From what I observed she is very playful and somewhat skittish with a lot of people around. When the room emptied out she became more relaxed. She will let you know with her paws if she doesn't like what you are doing! But boy does she jump for her string feather toy...like 4 feet in the air!

MV0087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
Cat

She's so pretty/cute! Her dark nose is adorable.

I think she looks like either a Lucille or Zoe really (to me Zoe sounds more playful), but I've read that cats/dogs respond better to names ending with a long 'e' sound..? I don't really know if there's any truth to that, but that's an additional check mark for Zoe!
ezmeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

She's beautiful! Such a pretty face...Zoe is a cute name.

I like it better than Lucille because of no s sound. My former cat's name was Sophie, which in retrospect was a cute name but probably bad for a cat because it sounds like a hiss and a spit. But she didn't seem to mind.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

My cats love their cat trees for scratching, playing and lounging by a window - they get a lot of use. They also appreciate the cheap cardboard scratchers that lie flat on the ground.

Toys that they love for playing by themselves: Looney Loops Cat Toys, Foam Soccer Ball Cat Toys and the Ball & Track Toys.

For interactive toys absolutely nothing gets them going like Da Bird Feather Cat Toy - all three go insane, so it's a great way to burn off energy with a younger cat.

She's adorable! Have fun.

Last edited by kaikoura; 01-17-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: wording
kaikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Premier Cat

What a sweet face she has! She's just adorable.

Holly and Murphy
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV0087 View Post
Here is a (slightly blurry Galaxy S3) pic of her after a long playing session at the shelter. I am picking her up tomorrow. I think I will change her name from Lucille to Zoe.

From what I observed she is very playful and somewhat skittish with a lot of people around. When the room emptied out she became more relaxed. She will let you know with her paws if she doesn't like what you are doing! But boy does she jump for her string feather toy...like 4 feet in the air!

Excellent. Good to hear.

Both my kitties love their feather toys!
BigDaveyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement