rescuing a cat... - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tom Cat

She is pretty. My husband and I just adopted a 10 month old female cat. She is still playful, does not like me picking her up much but will get in my lap and sleep. We have had her for almost a week.

I like the name Zoe.

Shannon
soccergrl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Cat Addict

If there is anything really delicate and or valuable in your apartment you maa want to consider putting it out of reach. Every time I have gotten a kitten I go through the house and put away what I don't broken, like figurines, pottery, etc. I can always take it out of the cupboards when I want to look at them. I don't mind, I rather have the kittens being able to run and climb without me worrying them about breaking something.
Jetlaya67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Kitten

Here she is on her first night home! She already claimed the bed. She loves it when I play gypsy jazz on the guitar for her.

MV0087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Premier Cat

She's really pretty - and she's lucky that you have one of those wide windowsills that she can sit on and look outside to her heart's content. Congratulations on your new friend!
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #35 (permalink)
Premier Cat

OH she is adorable! I think she will fit in quite nicely! Thanks for adopting a little older kitty, too! Here's to many, many happy and contented lives together!! What a joy it is to rescue and bring a new friend home, isn't it??? I LOVE the joy of adopting!!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHimmydoll View Post
My kitten ripped the litter box liner I had. In several places. It seemed pretty pointless.
A couple of mine are so bad with liners that (although I loved them in the past), I've given up on them. Lottie and Jem in particular are dreadful - they get the ends and fold them over into a package so no-one can use them afterwards!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Kitten

I am relieved to find a clump of litter waiting for me this morning in the box -- I guess the cover wasn't a problem! She even was sleeping on the bed last night for a while and rubbing her head into my arm and purring. That is the first time I have heard her purr...what a difference in behavior from the shelter!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Kitten

I'm not sure if the cat is eating. I have been giving her a few scoops of wet food in the morning and she hasn't touched it in two days. It doesn't appear like she is eating the dry food either, nor the treats I bought for her. I've tried moving the food and water bowls to different places in the house and feeding her by hand but she isn't eating. Her behavior is normal and she seems happy. Whats the deal?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Does she seem to be adjusting otherwise? If she isn't, you might want to look into shutting her into one room, like your bedroom, with her food, water, and litter box for a a few days/weeks until she feels safe in that room. Exploring a whole house can be scary and she might be super stressed.

Do you know what the shelter was feeding her? Maybe buy that type of food. Try feeding her some real meat or an egg or even tuna if you don't think she's been eating, as it's very important they eat, there can be fatal consequences quite quickly in cats otherwise, as they can suffer from hepatic lipidosis.

Along with the dogs Tara and Coco.

Last edited by Carmel; 01-20-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Carmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #40 (permalink)
Kitten

She ate some of her canned food yesterday but nothing today...as far as I know. I've tried to give her eggs and she doesn't like them. Even heated up her food this morning and she didn't touch it. She sniffed it and licked her lips but didn't eat anything.

Her behavior seems fine. She was sleeping on me today for a while and playing with me this afternoon. Most of her day is spent sleeping under my bed.

Last edited by marie73; 01-21-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement