Cat Forum banner

Hello!

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  HollyHamster 
#1 ·
I got a kitten at the beginning of January, and did what my friends considered a strange amount of research into what to feed her. I found this site during that process, and thought I'd join in.

This is Memphis!

See less See more
#2 ·
Food for you kitty.

I am now doing a strange amount of research 8) So what did you decide to feed your cat? I am now feeding my 9 month old Simon Trader Joe's canned cat food, but not the tuna. He had issues and was on special food for a long time. My vet is not particularly helpful so I am on my own, which is one reason I joined this forum.

#3 ·
Memphis is a real cutie! Congrats in your new little one! I get my new kitten, a female blue british shorthair, tentatively named Katerina, aka Katherine the Great, Empress of Russia, on Friday night. My breeder gave me a list of foods, but I am going to ask my new vet on Saturday when I take her for her first well kitten checkup.

Enjoy Memphis!

Mylita

#6 ·
Memphis is a girl! Currently she is napping in my purse, which is her favorite place to sleep for some reason.

I bought a few different foods to try, including some BG (before grains?) and wuvera varieties. I like the wuvera better because it isn't a pate, but I'm having trouble finding it in Connecticut. I might check out the Trader Joe's food, now that you mentioned it. Also, I leave out Purina Max kitten food when I'm not home, but I don't think I'll get more of that when this bag runs out.

#8 ·
Oops, you did say "her" - I'm guilty of not reading carefully.

If you can't find those brands locally, you could think about buying online. The only thing is that at most online places, you can only buy by the case, so it's not great for sampling. I use onlynaturalpet.com, because you can buy just one can at a time, but I can't remember whether they carry Weruva or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.