Cat Forum banner

Ginger

850 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mitts & Tess 
#1 ·
Hello!
My cat, Ginger, came to us nearly a year ago on March 24, 2012.
She's a rather large orange tabby, whom I suspect now is a male actually.
Her { Just for clarification, I called him a her for many, many months, it's way easier to keep it like that :p } story of coming to us is not too unusual. She showed up on my driveway on March 24, I petted her for a while, a bit surprised as I've never seen her before. We have lots of cats in our neighborhood, but not many strays are de-clawed and neutered. She jumped over a fence and I figured that'd be the last I would be seeing of her. Well, I was most certainly wrong. She's been with us every single day since then.
At first we fed Ginger my dog, Fancy's dog food. Then salmon. And finally my dad gave in and bought a bag of cat food.
She's a very enjoyable cat but also known as the "Big orange cat who gets in fights" it's really only with the neighbors cat, Shamu, an equally big black & white cat.
Here's a picture of her, I'll try and get some more.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, since my first 3 post must be in the "Introduction" forum, I suppose I'll add a bit more to Ginger.

Ginger gets along quite bad with all the other cats in the neighborhood. With a slim exception to a horribly skinny, white cat with light seal point markings. The cat, Marley, is cross-eyed as well but very sweet.
Ginger likes toys, but as with lots of cats, she has to be 'in the mood' to play with you.

I'm looking forward to exploring the forums. I found myself here while looking up some stuff on behavior and became quite interested. Along with Ginger, we also have a ten or eleven year old daschund/schnauzer mix named Fancy whom we've owned since she was four years old.

#5 ·
Well, thats what I thought at first as well. Ginger is...very feminine looking xD
And she's really big, and yes, a orange tabby, all pointing at male.

I'm fairly sure she is neutered.
My mom doesn't want the cat in the house, though multiple times I've help the door open and Ginger walks right on in, even with moms permission. She's slowly coming onto my side of this and letting the cat in the house more and more frequently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.