2 beautiful cats from argentina - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Default 2 beautiful cats from argentina

hi,
My name is Alejandra and I'm 27 years old.

I first visited this forum because I had a problem with one of my cats, it was late and there were no vets open. I couldn't post anyway because I hadn't introduced myself.

Luckily the problem was not that bad and he is ok. However I want to contribute to the forum, because I have a short but intense experience with cats.

I brought my first cat when I was 19 years old. My parents didn't like cats and they didn't let me have one. But I saw her photo on the internet and I fell in love. She was a rescued cat, not even 2 months old. She was abandoned in the street in a locked box with three brothers. All of them survived but were severly malnourished.
The girl that found them lived very far away in another city. I followed my instincts anyway and took the quite long trip to get my kitty.

My parents wanted to kill me first, but the truth is they fell in love with her. She was so little and frail, everyone wanted to protect her. I named her Merlina (it's the spanish translation for Wednesday Addams).

She started growing fast and the problems began. He had some pretty bad behaviour issues. She was all kind and cute with us, but when someone she didn't know entered the house, she attacked them. A lot of my relatives were scared of her.

We had a long search and finally found one of the very few ethologists in our country. She said my cat had suffered a lot as a newborn or even as a fetus, so she behaved like that. She started an antidepressant therapy. It was strange, but the meds worked miracles. She started taking them and was so much calmer, she let my relatives scratched her and she understood they didn't want to harm her. Soon she stopped taking them. Now she's not the most sociable cat in the world, she doesn't like much strange people, but she doesn't attack them.

she was friends with the turtle

A year and a half ago we had another problem with her. She went away at night, like always. But when she came back, her back leg was almost detached from her body. I don't know how she came back like that. She had been scared and resting in the garden for hours, with the wounded leg in the dirt. It was awful, I never felt so bad in my life. I didn't know what was going to happen, she went to surgery right away. The vet said perhaps she wouldn't survive. But she did, she was so strong. I took care of her, it was painful, and she had to be in a cage all day because she could hurt if she walked. I only let her out to make pee, and then put her back in the cage. She hated it but soon she realised it was good for her and she went back in the cage for herself. She was very brave and I think our relationship grew a lot back in those days.

A year ago I moved with my boyfriend, and obviously she came with me. She got adapted pretty fast to the house. She liked here.

Later we got a little cat to be her brother. His name is boris and he's what most people call "blue" color.

He didn't have any big health or behavioural problems. One day he catched a cold and we got pretty scared because he was breathing so heavily and it was night, we couldn't take him to the vet. The following day we took him to the vet, and with antibiotics he was like new again

now yesterday he came back without his collar, and when we touched him we noticed a lump in his abdomen. He wasn't in pain however, ate and drank water as always. Today we took him to the vet and she found it very strange he wasn't in pain, because apparently that lump is his xiphoid process. We have to take him to X-rays but she says he's not in danger.

Well those are my adventures with my cats, Merlina (currently 8 years old) and Boris (1 year old now).

apart from them, I rescued a lot of cats from the street. Some of them died, they were in a pretty bad shape and we couldn't save them. I can't understand how people can treat animals like that.
But in other cases they grew healthy and found new homes. We even had 4 really tiny cats left in our garden. they were albine and they look like little white rats. they couldn't walk or open their eyes. We fed them with syringes and later with bottles, and they grew quite a lot. When we looked for homes, everyone wanted one of them. They were quite pretty!!!!

Well I guess that's all so you know me.
alesita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Hello Alejandra and welcome to the forum. I love your pictures. Merlina is beautiful. I love her white toes and big, fluffy tail. Boris is a very handsome guy and the white kittens are adorable.

Jan
Janz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Cat

The picture of the white cats is so amazing! I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing.
Luvmyfurbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Default 2 beautiful cats from argentina

Merlina is lovely. If she's not in any pain from the xyphoid process then it's definitely not a big deal. It's more common in kittens than adults. Good thing it's sticking out rather than in since it's like with humans, it can puncture a lung or spleen going in the opposite direction! Keep us posted on what happens!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

mumof7kitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a bonafide cat lady!! =D
Your kitties are lovely, and Merlina turned into quite the beauty with your care and love!
Advertisement