Caligula - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Wink Caligula

Hello! I'm a new member.
My cat's name is Caligula. We just adopted him from the humane society last week. He's 5 years old and has half a tail, for unknown reasons.

He is a very sweet boy. He doesn't like to lie on peoples' laps but he will lie beside you and let you pet him to your heart's content. His hobbies include waking us up at 6 am for food and then not eating any of his food, tracking litter from his box as he exits and licking himself in front of our guests. He has charmed us in a very short time and we're looking forward to the next 10-15 years with him.

We named him Caligula because he looks like a little hedonist. He's always purring and he likes to do this thing when he lay down where he sprawls his back legs out behind him. I'll try to take a photo sometime, it's pretty cute.
laurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Sounds like he has his cat duties down pat, the licking in front of guests and tracking litter, LOL! He is cute, and he already looks very content to be part of your family. And you are lucky if you make it to 6 am before the begging begins, Beep will wake me up at 1:00, 3:00 or whenever she feels it is necessary to announce that there is no food in her bowl.

My sister has a cat with half a tail, it looks like it is about 2 1/2 - 3 inches long, and they always thought he had been in some accident, but her vet told her no, that he was a manx, I guess some of them have longer short tails....I had always thought they were all little bob tailed tails, but I guess not.

The litter trackign drove me crazy, I now have two Breeze litter boxes, there is no tracking with those, but they can be a little hard to convert a cat to using one, but it can be done if you do it slowly. I tried the crystal litter in a regular box and it definitely did not track as much, but I felt like it did very little to cover the smell of cat pee, so I did not like it. I have one litter box with feline pine in it, it does track a little, but way less than scoopable litter, so I like that ok too.

Welcome and can't wait to hear more about your new boy
howsefrau32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Good looking cat/alarm clock. Enjoy every moment with him.
Thank you for letting him adopt you.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

What a sweet looking kitty! I love orange kitties. Sounds like he takes his cat duty seriously xD Waking you up and tracking litter! My kitty walks in the sink and get her paws wet, so that she can pick up more things off the floor So thoughtful, isn't she?
JungliBillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Thanks dudes I have a question!!
He always gets little black weepies in the corners of his eyes. He gets angry when I pick them out, too. Should I just leave them? My bf said it just happens to ginger cats a lot

Last edited by marie73; 06-13-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: language
Old 06-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurwen View Post
He always gets little black weepies in the corners of his eyes. He gets angry when I pick them out, too. Should I just leave them? My bf said it just happens to ginger cats a lot
Yeah don't stress kitty out, the optigoop will fall off on its own. But as Caligula gets more comfortable and you're doing the thing where he's rubbing his head and cheeks against your hand, just strategically place a bent knuckle so it "accidentally" brushes against the stuff and knocks it loose.

In the meantime, you might want to consider some L-lysine for him. I doubt the weepies are herpes-related, but they could be and the lysine can't hurt, other than it's an extra expense.

Last edited by marie73; 06-13-2013 at 12:52 AM.
NebraskaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

hmmm, okay, thanks. If they seem to get any worse I'll get that stuff for him. For now they seem pretty mild.

Last edited by marie73; 06-13-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

Cat update: Caligula is now on some higher quality food and his weepies are way better! He has settled into his new home very well and is really happy. We took him for a weekend visit to my boyfriend's parents' home in the country and he got to meet their two older cats and had lots of fun exploring.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cat

What a handsome fellow. He reminds me of my cat Meow that we had when I was a little kid.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

Haha. He likes to lie down with his legs sprawled out behind him like a frog and wag his stumpy tail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement