Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sable and Feisty

4K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Samson5261 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I found her today in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Her and her siblings had been dumped and some other people took the other 2 but didn't want her because she is black. So of course I brought her home with me. We had actually been looking at adopting a black adult cat but fate gave us a kitten. I am already in love with her! More pics to come of course!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Oh my gosh, you got a little sweetheart. :luv

Once Feisty gets comfortable with her, she'd be able to learn the ways of kitties that she won't get from her siblings. At least she's already been socialized to be around humans - and apparently loves being really close to them! :)

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
She seems to love to cuddle which makes me happy because feisty is not a cuddler. I had to work with her on playing with toys, since I don't think she had ever seen one.

The biggest obstacle is going to be feeding. I use to just leave out free choice dry food but I switched feisty to wet because it's healthier. The only problem is that feisty has already eaten sables food twice now. Does anyone have any tips on this?

#16 ·
Gah she's so cute!! And Feisty's so pretty. Yep, it looks like Sable's kitten antics are going to win her over. :)

You may need to try feeding Sable first, in a separate room with the door closed. Do I see a food bowl on the cat tree? If you put Sable's food up on the top level, would Feisty go up there to eat it?

#18 ·
So feisty has accepted Sable though she is not a fan of her kitten energy lol! Sable has settled in extremely well and her personality has really started to show!

Attachments

#25 ·
So sable had her vet apt today and all her test came back negative so yay! She weighed in at 2.2lbs so she is quite tiny lol. The vet said she is around 8 weeks old and is healthy! She got dewormed and received her first vaccination. She goes back in 3 weeks for her booster. I did talk to her about her poop still being runny and if it is still runny when she goes into get her booster they will do a fecal to check for a few other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.