Count to one billion - 2017 (part two) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Count to one billion - 2017 (part two)

I think we were a bit higher....or we would just post an Add 1 each time....

I just survived a week in bed with the trifecta of bugs.....managed to get the shivering flu, regular cold, and stomach flu all in a week. Barely returned to work (my students were shutting down and melting down) and I lost my voice!

All my babies have gone to their new homes....all the new mommies and daddies are overthrilled and over-the-moon in love. All are little love bugs.....none seem to be scratching ANY rugs or furniture (Diablo's parents even had to teach him to retract his claws to slow down on carpets so he didn't keep getting rug burn in his paws). Even little Smoke is very happy (and getting chubby) in her new home. Seems quiet here with only our 7, although Meli is a little baby kitten in a big boy body.

Last edited by marie73; 01-21-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Premier Cat

Were your kittos little R.N.s?
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Premier Cat

I've made an unpleasant discovery-ANTS!!! The little ones, they seem to be coming out of the walls and from under the sink. Some got into Robin's food...

I didn't think you'd see em in January...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Babies weren't nurses...they were all gone to their new homes. Big Pudds only wanted to make sure I was alive enough to feed them and clean their boxes.

During our freezing spell a couple weeks ago, a pile of stinking tiny ants (my friend called them sugar ants) appeared in my classroom and marched from the black door (where they appeared) down the edge of the carpet to the hallway door. My students did the "ant dance" trying to stomp on them. I blamed the kindergarten room that shares a wall with me as there is no food in my room ever. There still are some straggling ants that meet student shoes regularly.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 05:58 AM
Tom Cat

Hope everyones well a lot has happened sadly none of it's really good...

Vincent hissed/growled at Sera over food and for the last week has been glaring so I've had to move her food elsewhere so she can eat in peace poor girl. Not really sure whats causing the behavior though.

Neighbors remain a problem sick of them and my hatred and malice towards them continues to grow. I'm tired of their bass, their brat, their dogs barking, their car revving, etc frankly I wish they'd just go bankrupt and disappear. There dog is probaly the first one I've not only disliked but genuinely hate with a passion. Another neighbor keeps letting his run off leash which I'm sick of seeing. I just hate this town/area I really do whether it's this one or the surrounding towns it's all toxic and they all hold bad memories.

My dad keeps bugging me about jobs same ideas over and over again he is beyond irritating at this point. It's not helpful and it never has been me and him to say the least were not close I view him as a moron.

My Uncle started dialysis two days before Christmas Eve and he couldn't even stand on Christmas Eve and kept apologizing for it. He's undergone more dialysis since than and two blood transfusions and was in good shape last Saturday but I fear his time won't be long and that kills me. It's not that were close or anything like that but I can relate to him he's one of the few I've met in my entire life that I can say that for. He's one of those people who truly does love nature, animals, etc where as my dad destroys he creates, plants, grows, etc. It's tragic whats happening...

Still sick with dehydration and a cough that's getting on my nerves too.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Cat Addict

So sorry to hear of your ailments, Carrie! It really warms my heart to know that little Smoke is better appreciated in her new home after a rough false start at life in a forever home.

Things are ok here. The bully at work pretty much just avoids me now. It is uncomfortable when we have to attend meetings together, but at least she isn't actively bullying to my face anymore. I've been dieting after some out of control holiday eating led to weight gain. I have 5.5 pounds left to lose. My new Peloton spin bike is helping me with weight loss. I love having great spin classes live streaming right into my home. Amelia and the dogs like to watch me spin my heart out. Amelia is up to about 9 pounds but doesn't look too fat to me. She seems to be settling down a little bit and acting less like a kitten. She is almost two years old. St. Patrick's day is her birthday.

How are you, Spirite?

post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, Tsuki. I hope things start to improve for you.

I am so happy to hear the Bully is leaving you be, Deb. Hopefully that means she has gotten the message and not just moved on to someone else. Glad Amelia is doing well, too.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:02 AM
Cat Addict

Yes, it is good not to be actively bullied anymore, Carrie, but it is still quite uncomfortable. Our school is a small one so I can't avoid her completely. I do make an effort not to be around her and it seems that she is doing the same. I still wish they would have transferred her to another school but they said they would do that if the bullying continued. Part of me wishes she would do something outrageous just once so she could be out of my hair. I know that isn't nice but it is true.

post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I know the feeling, Deb. We had one at our school and she managed to create a very divided and unhappy staff. She transferred a few years ago and it has been such a relief. I hope your Bully decided to transfer too.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Cat Addict

I guess there is always hope she will transfer to another school, Carrie. For now, it is what it is.

It's back at work for me today and it is going to be a long, 5 day week. I'm already anxious for another weekend. I just want to be a stay at home doggie and cat mom!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page