Count to One Million - 2017 - Page 5 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

11969. Well, the little princess is back home, happy to see me, but smelling like poo. She had a second enema today, and it looks like they cleaned her rear, as the fur is wet, but there is clearly poo remaining somewhere. I tried to clean her off a bit, but she was having none of it, so I decided to let her de-stress for a while. I'll try some wipes later, but she'll probably need a bath. That will have to wait til tomorrow, when my catsitter can help.

I made a whole wheat bread with flax seed, oatmeal, and sunflower seeds. The loaves are a little dry, but yummy. The second loaf got messed up during the rise and is doughy in the middle. Oh well. I'll definitely use this recipe again, though, adding a little more water next time. So since that encounter with yeast was reasonably successful, next I'm going to conquer cinnamon rolls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:31 AM
Premier Cat

I LOVE cinnamon rolls.....especially Cinnabon! But, wow are they expensive!

I am happy to hear Miss Diva Celia is home. Hopefully she poops well for you. Does drinking cows milk help move things faster through her? I know it does with Simba when he is a bit backed up.
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

11971. I drink lactose-free milk, so I always assumed she'd be fine with it. I've never noticed that it constipates her, so maybe I'll give her a little saucer. She has poo stuck to her fur, and as I suspected, the wipes weren't very effective. She held still while I was using the wipes, so I think being dirty is bothering her. But I'm not sure how well she'll tolerate a more serious effort to free her of poo. I've had to clean her before, but I can't remember how I did it. I guess just warm water and paper towels. And hopefully my catsitter to hold her if she fusses.

Those Cinnabons are amazing, but just huge! Mine will be a normal size. When I get around to them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Premier Cat

Glad Celia's home!

Yum, Cinnabons... you bake yours from scratch?!

There's a One Hot Cookie downtown, maybe I'll hit it before work...
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

11973. I got her a little cleaner last night, then today we got most of it. She's still a little stinky, but far less than yesterday. I think that's why she wouldn't eat yesterday, because her food and everything else probably smelled like poo. I'll try to get her completely clean later. The way I have to sit makes it really hard on my operated hip though.

bluemilk, I haven't yet, but I want to try. It just seems too cold for dough to rise anywhere though. I put the bread dough on a chair over the heating vent the other day, lol.
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Premier Cat

Glad Celia is feeling more like her normal Diva self instead of her super diva self!
Hopefully stinky goes away and she wants to eat again!
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:41 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

11975. Yep. She's munched two plates of food since being de-stinkified.

Only a few more days of break left. I knew when I decided to design a new course that at some point over break I would regret it. I love my topic (Muslims, Arabs, and French national identity), and I think all students of French should know the history of the current social crisis, but it's not my specialization, so there's a lot of research to be done.
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Tom Cat

11976 Sprite, glad Ms Celia is less stinky for both your sakes. That class sounds really interesting and agree it's so important to understand how we got to the current situation. What age group do you teach?
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Premier Cat

That's great news, Patty!

Smart, timely stuff! do you see any connection with the situation in this country?

Last edited by marie73; 01-11-2017 at 03:04 PM.
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

annegirl, thanks. I went to bed last night and all I could smell was kitty poo...I teach at a college. This is an advanced course, but I teach all levels and all kinds of classes - it's a small college with a small French program, so we all teach a lot of different classes.

bluemilk, there are some similarities, but I think the situation in France is particular, because of its colonial history in North Africa, and its unusual association of language with national identity. I'm reading a book that has some hilarious observations about the French.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page