Turf Wars and Guilliare pt 1 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Turf Wars and Guilliare pt 1

Kurt,Chan-Chan,Dolly and me,having gotten over our morning panic,now sat around in an intra-agency strategy session planning our next move. My P.I. business had grown in the past year. There came a snuffling and pawing at the screen. "Percy? Guys?" I sighed as Dolly,the silver-grey yearling opened the door to admit Tyson,the Rottweiller. Robin,our most junior member had taken off, gone AWOL. And now all the members of our outfit,Dolly,the smooth dragon-meezer chan-chan,nosy dependable Tyson,AND Kurt,resident human all looked squarely at me "What did you SAY to him",intoned Chan-Chan.

'Wel...HE said,he wanted a case of his own..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I'd been thinking about-of ALL things to think about on a cold early december-day-ice cream! Kurt has a thing about frozen desserts at pot-luck dinners. Rumor is,he just doesn't want to bake,which he vehemently denies! He makes ice cream pies,ice cream floats,and brings just plain ice cream to functions at the United Methodist church up the street. Let me amend that. Even the plainest,janest vanilla he brings home is 5 stars! But this time...
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The previous night 8:01 p.m.

Kurt tested the new gallon of pumpkin,carefully,contemplatatively, licking the spoon. "Where's the spice,the creaminess?" What. Vespucci's ice cream less than perfect! I hoppe d up to the open container,delicately licking pumpkin-spicy ice cream snowflakes on to my tongue. It tasted good. But there was no...WOW to it! Vespucci's pumpkin, like ALL his other flavors had a creamy, flavorful...ZING. the zing was the thing. Meanwhile the ambient warmth of the apartment had slushed the hard ice joining a lid to a gallon of blueberry cheesecake flavor, making it easier for a budding gumshoe to gain access. "It's pretty good!" Opined Robin. " 'Pretty good'!? Kittoh Vespucci's ice cream is supposed to be DELECTABLE,Pawsitively...listen if you REALLY want your own case..."

Present time.yerp. Chan-Chan in front of me, "WHAT " Tyson behind me, "DID YOU" Dolly gazing steadily at me from atop a gallon of Aloha Joy,"SAY" The rest of my agency in my stripe-masked face, "TO HIM".

"Well... it ...wuzsumpnlike...erp...IFYOUWANTYOUROWNCASEWHYDON TYOUFINDOUTWHAT'SHAPPENEDTOTHISICECREAM!!!

Tyson shook his head. Chan-Chan closed her china-blue eyes,And Dolly was about to say...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

" My tail's gone numb." "My dear," Chan-Chan smiled,glaring at me the whole time ,"you've been sitting on it, and on a cold surface, Run some zoomies." A year old, with a silver-dollar sparkle in her late-autumn coat, she still did not find zoomies beneath her dignity. "'kay!!!"

I reflected. Robin was not COMPLETELY new to youngstown's urban ecology... ZOOM...
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Foxy was about to throw 4 toughs through the door of her shop, and Blue had settled in to watch the show,when Robin appeared on the pink-painted doorstep,the scent of unsolved case teasing his tender,elegant little pink nose. " Hey,is that MY stereo",croaked 1 of them, a young-looking -30ish soul in a Gangnam hoodie. "This aint Pawn Stars" replied Foxy,her pralines- and- cream voice touched with southern mirth-and menace. Another tough, a dark mountain in black,chomped a slice of pizza,and looked for somewhere to throw the remnant. Seeing Blue, he prepared to toss it his way. "You throw that at my cat,I'll put this in one ear-and out the other."
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

As Foxy's nail file glittered under the bright lights she'd installed for just these occasions,Blue decided the comedy was about to become a trifle age sensitive,and Guided Robin out the door. In the October twilight,the Blue Persian's fur was muted navy,highlights of green and black defining his generous form.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

"Don't worry,Foxy's fine. And if those boys have a brain no one's gon' get hurt." Reminded him. last he'd heard of percy and his fellow seekers of truth they were going to start taking a brain-sharpening regimen on the De Witt website. It was time to catch up.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Author's Note:gee I always wanted to do an Author's Note,but the occasion never came! neway I've noted a contradiction in the time in which the story's set so...

Historian's Note: It's October,present day.
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Three toughs,bruised and confused,had fled the red-white-and-blue painted store leaving the 4th to absorb Foxy's wrath while they fled. "So,where's Mr Vespucci's ice cream factory" inquired Robin. "O.K. Now who's gonna help me clean this up! YOU..." Foxy drawled,her voice slashing through the air and kicked-up dust, "You know what THIS is...?" A V-v-v-v-acuum cleaner?" "START SWEEPING" Hurriedly,Blue gave directions,realizing he'd missed most of this one act comedy. Robin's paws made a cadence as he dashed down the alley.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

4 hours later,Foxy's Music was clean to the proprieters satisfaction. Foxy nodded and the 4th tough began to creep out the door. "Hold on." The teen halted,waited for death. Foxy opened her small Amana fridge and tossed her captive a foil-wrapped pork chop. Percieving that he could now leave with his life-AND a late-night snack,he disappeared,sneakers beating the gravel of the small alley. Foxy sighed. "Lord watch over little childeren and fools." She glanced at Blue,settled comfily on a speaker. "AND BIG SIMPLE CATS!' Foxy reached out and Blue snuzzled. His mind salvaged old data:fool in Italian was Guilliare,but why this was on his screen,was lost on him-as was the import.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page