The complaining thread - Page 137 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #1361 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather102180 View Post
1) Who are they trying to prove themselves to?? Ok, you are thankful for your wonderful husband and wonderful children...well, naturally.
2) Some of the people who do it are so fake. You know they aren't happy with their marriage or something but yet they continue to post , "I'm so thankful for my wonderful, awesome, best husband in the world!" baaarf...haha!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #1362 (permalink)
Premier Cat

So, my cold is back, and worse this time. Started yesterday. That means, I may be staying home tomorrow when we open. After all our hard work, it really ticks me off!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #1363 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdoptAnAngel View Post
I want to get a woman stick figure, a long question mark for the man and 8 child figures, just to elicit funny looks in the Bible belt.
Mwahahaha! This cracked me up.

I've got some friends that are total Apple/Mac fans, and when I was looking around for a laptop, they certainly tried to convince me that I should get a Mac. Sure Macs are usually great machines that last a long time, but are they worth the price? For my situation, absolutely not! Why would I pay twice as much for a machine that loses value and becomes outdated quickly that I only use for basic computing stuff like web browsing, occasional image editing, and Office applications? They suggested refurb Mac, well, for my price point ($500) that would get me an basic Macbook that was already 5 years old. My sister has one of those. No thank you.
Its not that I dislike Macs or Apple in general. I have an iPod Touch which I absolutely love (minus the fact that they never give the latest model as good of a camera as the latest iPhone).

And do I regret buying a refurbished laptop even after I've had to RMA once (ASUS customer service was actually pretty good) and having to replace the hard drive at my cost? Nope. I knew the risks. I did my research and read plenty of reviews. It's a nice computer otherwise, and I feel like I still got a pretty good deal despite the hassle.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #1364 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Resell value on Apple products is actually quite high.

I justify paying the price because the resell value is higher than other brands and truthfully I've found the products to last longer but that's just me.

It should be noted that I work on my devices so whatever works best is pretty much what I'll get regardless of the price.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #1365 (permalink)
Cat

Those stick family stickers!!! YUCK your perfect life. It makes me want to back end your SUV. Hubby and I say we should get them and put like 10 cats across. Ha.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #1366 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Mwahahaha! This cracked me up.
They'd all have to be different colors, too.

Quote:
Sure Macs are usually great machines that last a long time, but are they worth the price? For my situation, absolutely not! Why would I pay twice as much for a machine that loses value and becomes outdated quickly that I only use for basic computing stuff like web browsing, occasional image editing, and Office applications?
I definitely agree, except for the part about them lasting a long time. I bought a MacBook Pro in 2006, brand new, along with an iPod (only $269 because of some discount for buying the laptop) and they also gave me a free printer. My total bill was about $2250. The printer never worked from the start. Brand new. Prints the first page of the document and then everything comes out blank.

MacBook Pro took hundreds of dollars of additional investment because I had to replace the fraying charger every several months and it cost I believe $80 at the time. It was so poorly designed that a class-action lawsuit was successful. However, that was years later. Who keeps receipts for years in case of a class-action lawsuit? The computer itself was so flimsy as well. Not to mention that several keys just stopped working one day. This was after having it for about 3 years. I sold it on eBay for about $100. And my listing was very detailed and attractive. So much for value retention.

The iPod is great, I still have it and use it. However, now that I have a VAIO, I have to either erase 2,500 songs from the iPod and start over so that I can upload from a Windows computer or just not add any new music. Really annoying.

Quote:
Its not that I dislike Macs or Apple in general. I have an iPod Touch which I absolutely love (minus the fact that they never give the latest model as good of a camera as the latest iPhone).
I have an iPad and I love its portability. I'm thinking about getting an iPhone but not sure if it's worth it. I like their products except for the laptops. I think Apple OSes are great but don't like the physical construction. I bought this VAIO a year ago and it looks and acts like I just brought it home today.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #1367 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I think she's tried upgrading the system - she tried everything - that didn't solve her black screen problem. The Apple guys couldn't replicate the problem so she was outta luck, I've watched it happen on her computer, must be so frustrating on a brand new computer. I'll pass along the info when she gets home, she's studying abroad and doesn't have that computer with her, she bought a new one because she needed a reliable computer overseas.

As far as resale goes, that never matters to me. I use them until they reach the great computer heap in the sky.

My current desktop computer is 2 years old, previous one was almost 10 years, one before that was around 5 years, but it got some weird virus and was waaaay outdated, technology was moving so fast back then. I also have two laptops. Both work, but one was never a winner. Blue screened the first day I got it... if people were to think of a Windows computer by solely basing their experience on that one computer, I wouldn't blame them for picking a Mac. But there's lemons in everything, one bad experience doesn't equal never using a Windows computer again.

Along with the dogs Tara and Coco.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #1368 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I went out on my screened porch today to put the screens back up (I had taken them down for Sandy and the nor'easter we had this week). I need to use a power screwdriver...I was inserting the philipshead bit and dropped it. It landed on the glass patio table and the darn thing burst into smithereens. 42" round table broke into thousands of pieces all smaller than 1/2". What a mess...

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #1369 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Not much worse than broken glass, especially in tiny, tiny pieces and shards.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1370 (permalink)
Super Moderator

It was on indoor/outdoor carpet too...I must have run the vacuum over it 50 times. Don't want glass in little kitty and doggie feet. I already thought I saw Holly limping, but it turned out she was playing with a leaf that I must have dragged in on my shoe.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread