The complaining thread - Page 139 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #1381 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Growing up, I had an aunt that never moved out of her mother's house. She didn't cook, clean, pay the bills....she was tons of fun as long as you did what she wanted to do. Everything revolved around her. My mother (her older sister) was always so hurt and offended and angry about the favoritism that she saw. When Grandma passed away, my aunt naturally just took the house and everything in it....

History repeats itself....My younger sister never had to work as a teenager. She didn't have to pay her own way, clean her own clothes, buy food. Her boyfriend even lived in the house for three years and he did even less than my sister. She didn't move out until she was 26. But she still goes to mom's house to shower and do laundry. She is loosing her house to foreclosure and doesn't have a job. Where do I think she'll end up...hmm...?

I have spent years being hurt and angry about how my mother favors my sister and helps her with everything when she (in my opinion) doesn't deserve it. Not that it doesn't still **** me off at times....But I finally realize that my sister is a different person than me. My mom's relationship with her is just different than her relationship with me. My sister is a "taker", just like my aunt. People like that always find people to take care of them. They end up just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #1382 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I had an aunt like that too. There were a lot of problems when she was young, then she moved to Texas with her husband and 4 kids and there wasn't much contact for years. Then when she was in her 50's her husband walked out on her and her 4 grown kids washed their hands of her. They bought her a ticket and sent her to my grandmother in NJ.

Over the next 10-12 years she sucked every nickel she could out of my grandmother...who didn't have very many nickels to begin with. My grandmother had to move into a 2 bedroom apartment and my aunt, who had a job, was paying her $50 a week room & board. The $200 a month didn't even cover the difference for the larger apartment let alone her food and household supplies. Then my aunt had the nerve to complain that my grandmother wouldn't pay for HBO, buy her junk food etc. etc. She would buy nana gifts like gold earrings and inform my mother and I (in front of nana) that "when she goes, I get these back". I had a huge knock down drag out fight with her one day about how she should be sharing the expenses of the apartment...fell on deaf ears. What goes around comes around...when nana died, the rest of us broke all contact with her. Her one friend died about a year later and she spent the next 15 years a very lonely old lady.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #1383 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

I hope by complain that you don't have to stay on topic with everyone else...

Complaints for the day... I spent $50 ($30 for warmer, $10 in bars, $10 in shipping and tax) on Scentsy products and got my first warmer in the mail. Their quality department must be a joke since I swear my knockoff was better quality. I'm pretty sure my $15 knockoff didn't have the pad on the bottom so crooked that the adhesive is visible when you set it down on the table. Yeah...I feel conned and should have replaced my knockoff with another knockoff. In case anyone is wondering, my knockoff fell on the concrete floor when I was moving so it kind of shattered.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #1384 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniela View Post
I hope by complain that you don't have to stay on topic with everyone else...

Complaints for the day... I spent $50 ($30 for warmer, $10 in bars, $10 in shipping and tax) on Scentsy products and got my first warmer in the mail. Their quality department must be a joke since I swear my knockoff was better quality. I'm pretty sure my $15 knockoff didn't have the pad on the bottom so crooked that the adhesive is visible when you set it down on the table. Yeah...I feel conned and should have replaced my knockoff with another knockoff. In case anyone is wondering, my knockoff fell on the concrete floor when I was moving so it kind of shattered.
Walmart is going to have their version for $10 on Black Friday with 4 bars. Is it too late to return it?
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #1385 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

Just cancelled my JC Penny card. I just got a notice they are increasing their APR to 26.99%.
That's nuts! I'm the type who pays off balances monthly, but if
I missed a payment I'm not willing to pay that...in this economy where you get less than 1% on savings, 26.99 is just immoral.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #1386 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I was offered a free 7 day stay in Las Vegas for the week after thanksgiving. The room and view are fantastic with a private Jacuzzi tub right in the room.

I already took vacation days for that week and then my wife’s doctor scheduled an appointment right in the middle of the week and she can’t reschedule.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #1387 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd View Post
Walmart is going to have their version for $10 on Black Friday with 4 bars. Is it too late to return it?
By the time I return it I return it I might as well keep it. Scentsy isn't available in stores and is a MLM company. I'd have to ship it back more than likely. I ended up ripping off the pad and reapplying it. So far it hasn't fallen off.

I might get a knockoff for my office at that deal. The office has a funk to it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #1388 (permalink)
Tom Cat

My data plan on my phone is getting a real workout as I am away from home for two weeks and the hotel I am in has bad wifi. I miss my hubby. I miss my kitties. It's only been 2 days and I have ten more to go......
Old 12-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #1389 (permalink)
Banned

Angry I'm so mad right now

My neighbour stole my package
I ain't working right now and hardly get much money and I bought a DVD set which cost 65 and the delivery guy gave my package to my neighbour because I wasn't available and my neighbour is refusing to give me my package

I told the police about it since it's practically stealing and they won't do nothing, those jerks!

I've literally lost 65, ughhhh!!!!!!

I'm gonna learn cat communication, gather a group of stray cats and throw a box of catnip at him

Last edited by marie73; 12-08-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #1390 (permalink)
Senior Cat

sorry that happened....tell the delivery company and shipper you didn't receive the package and ask for your money back. Worth a shot anyway. What kind of neighbor is that? Its not practically stealing, it IS stealing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread