The complaining thread - Page 142 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #1411 (permalink)
Kitten

My current irritation lies with my peers, and friends. I feel like, all around me, nobody is willing to act like an adult. My fiance left for boot camp a little over a month ago, and i've had a hard time of it. I moved back in with my mother, after reconciling a very broken relationship, because I figured there was no point in just me living in my fiance and I's apartment. I'm not broke or down-and-out by any means, I just figured it would be nice to live at home, where there are other people around, and save up some money.

However, none of my friends have EVER made it out of their parents homes. They have maybe (MAYBE) three "very hard" classes at the community college, and work about 3 days a week. Their parents pay all their bills, buy them cars, etc. On the otherhand, I work two jobs, one 35 hours a week and the other just 5 hours a week, so in total i'm working the equivalent of a full-time job. I have six classes, none of which are too hard, but they do require some studying/effort/etc. I own and show a small herd of dairy goats, and one of my does recently kidded, and another is pregnant. I also mentor new FFA (future farmers of america) students, and recently finished up stage managing a theatre production. I take care of all my animals, on my own. Obviously. I'm an adult, I shouldn't have my mother buying my cat food or paying for my pet sitters.

Without my fiance here, i've been managing it all, but i've been a little stressed out. There's no more texting him "hey can you run home and feed the goats and let the cats in?" or anything like that. Don't get me wrong-an amusement park employee is not someone I would see providing me with a good future, and i'm glad my fiance went into the service to get his life on track and provide a good future for us. Meanwhile, i've got friends who are ever distancing themselves from me, telling me I "never want to hang out anymore" or getting pissy when they give me short notice on some event, and I can't go because i'm scheduled to work.

I feel like an adult among a sea of children, who are constantly telling me their childish problems (i.e boy drama, catty friends, parent fights), yet rudely judging me (i.e you're too young to be engaged, why do you want to work all the time, etc.)

/rantover. Heh.
Two leopard geckos: Fred and Wilma

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #1412 (permalink)
Cat Addict

I don't know if I should count myself lucky or unlucky to finally discover those friends I regarded as friends aren't friends from the start. So, have I lost some friends? maybe not cos they didn't even regard me as a friend from the start. So,why am I still making a fool of myself?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #1413 (permalink)
Cat Addict

The world hasn't ended
Old 12-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #1414 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Crap. I have to go to work tomorrow.

Although.........it's only 11:40 p.m. here......

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
Old 12-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #1415 (permalink)
Premier Cat

You know, as far as I know, the Mayans weren't specific as to the time that the world is supposed to end. It's currently 10:41 am in sunny, yet cold, Southern California. Doesn't mean that the world still won't end.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #1416 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I saw a poll today, 4% of people thought the world was going to end today. I guess they'll be the last minute Christmas shoppers.

Another 4% were uncertain.

Along with the dogs Tara and Coco.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #1417 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Why do customers think that if they show up a half hour before opening and happen to catch you walking in, that you should open the store right then and there for them? I get there a half hour early because I have things to do that require not being interrupted.

Then there was this gem...I had a mystery discount special yesterday. A woman comes in last night and says "I picked a discount earlier but I didn't like it, can I try again?". I explained that it was one per customer and she said "well I was going to get some food, but I wanted a better discount". OK lady...maybe I should have just handed her the entire basket and let her pick out the discount she wanted? I would like a better discount on everything I buy too...

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1418 (permalink)
Senior Cat

i just wanted to complain about my husband who i think is a terrible "cat dad". it's like he has no common sense about cat behavior. i get so frustrated with him because he has no idea how to "discipline" the cats (i.e. you don't for the most part, of course!), how to keep his voice down, how to stop making loud and sudden noises around the house, how to stop being so stressed out all the time which just puts the cats on edge, etc...

this is partly why i refused to have human kids - we'd be divorced in no time if i had to deal with his parenting skills - or our kids would grow up into psychopaths like him! i was not about to ruin this world even more by spreading his genes!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #1419 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Lisa, you should write down your experiences with the new business somewhere. It would make the funniest book! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #1420 (permalink)
Super Moderator

For the most part my customers are wonderful, I just have to vent about the few turds here....like the latest:

Customers who bounce checks suck!

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread