Anyone else with Fibromyalgia? - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cat Addict

have you tried Echinacea/
bluemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tom Cat

I’ve never been diagnosed with it but I sure feel like I have it. I’ve worked very hard all my life in construction carrying heavy items and operating heavy backbreaking equipment, so my problems may just be occupational.

I do know that whatever my problem is, diet definitely helps. I don’t suffer near as much as I did after changing my eating habits.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I went to the Cleveland Clinic last week to be seen by a fibro expert. He was wonderful! My appt. lasted about an hour and he was kind and listened and actually was able to answer questions. He read through all of the medical records that I brought with me, as well as my pain journal and actually took notes and had questions when he finished.

At the end of the appt. he took the time to explain that FM/CFS type of syndromes are now thought to be more of a Central Sensitization Syndrome in that the Central Nervous System experiences stimuli in a much more pronounced manner than "normal" (my word, not his) people.

He ordered a bunch of lab work (12 vials worth) and once that is all in he will be sending a letter with treatment recommendations to my doctor and me. He said it will essentially be an algorithm to follow.

As soon as I get the info I will share it here in the hopes that it will help someone else.

Btw...builder have you tried seeing a doctor? I found that Lyrica has helped my pain level quite a bit. Have been on it about 2 years.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie View Post
Btw...builder have you tried seeing a doctor? I found that Lyrica has helped my pain level quite a bit. Have been on it about 2 years.
Yes and he always prescribes naproxen which doesnít do anything. I get better results with over the counter ibuprofen. He has run all sorts of tests over the years and always says that with the exception for some torn muscles, Iím healthy. I am afraid to take a lot of pain and inflammation drugs because a I came close to losing my liver.
I used to drink a 2 liter bottle of diet Pepsi everyday while working out in the hot sun during the day. Then the doc asked if I was a drinker because my liver was failing and I only had about 5 years to live without a transplant. I havenít drunk alcohol or even smoked since I was in my early twenties, so the only thing it could be was the soda. It scared the heck out of me so I quit the soda all together although the doc said it was not the soda. Well that was 10 years ago and now I have a healthy liver without the transplant.
Iíve eliminated all fatty and fried foods from my diet completely. I pretty much only eat skinless chicken breasts, fish, eggs, mushrooms and a ton of vegetables now. My weakness is breads and Iím trying to quit that, but so far Iíve only been able to get that down to 1 slice of wheat toast twice a day.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cat

I'm subbing this thread. I'm 25 and have been suffering chronic pain (usually lbp [mild mild mild spina bifida] and soft tissue all over) for more than half my life. I cannot even remember living without chronic pain. My family doctor used to tell me it was growing pains and when I was 20 or 21 I went to a new dr who ordered xrays which is when they found the gap in my lower back listing me as spina bifida. Now all the doctors ignore me and prescribe me naproxen. I find it doesn't relieve my pain, the higher doses just make me high and lightheaded.

I read once fibro was one of the hardest things to diagnose and no doctors here are suffice.

I do not eat meat/fish. So I do eat a lot of soy. Any tips? I'm glad I'm not the obly one suffering this.

I do stretching and when I go to the gym I cannot do arobics and cardio for longer than 2 minutes. I love swimming but don't have time to go a lot. I bike every day but my lungs burn up if I go too hard. I'm falling apart! This is a great thread for community support.
OliverandCo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement