A little update on me. - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Premier Cat

We open Nov 9th!! Holy crap........only 6 more days!!!!!!!!! Deer hunting is actually what the rush is to get open, Dave wants to get at least one week under his belt, to get used to everything, and get a system down, before the mad rush of deer hunting starts. We've been told to be prepared for a mad house filled with people! We are planning to have a DJ for the last week of deer hunting too, and today we went to the sporting good store to purchase a new deer hunting rifle to raffle off for customers who stop in!! Have to give the hunters even more of a reason to be excited we are open!

The awesome thing is, we aren't even open yet, and everyday there are people coming in....."are you open?" In spite of the BIG sign on the door that says "Becker's 400 Club, Opening Nov 9th!" We'll be just fine!

Yesterday we cleared out the dining room, and the new carpet comes later this morning!!!

Oh, and no college campus near bye, we are more of an up north outdoorzy type of area. I think the closest college campus is in Eau Claire WI, which is an hour and 15 min away.
OwnedByACat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Great idea about raffling off a new rifle as nothing draws in a hunting crowd better than fire power .

You sound so excited Geri. It is really great to "hear".

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Thanks Leazie.........I am excited, and especially so for my hubby who is living his dream right now!

Lots of new pics on FB.....link on page 2 in an early post.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Congrats Geri. Kudos for making the leap! Im excited for you guys. Are you going to be working there everyday? Your restaurant looks like what we grew up eating at in my youth in Wisconsin. Ill go check out your FB page!

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Hi Merry, for now, pretty much every day, and once we get everything done the way we want it, and siding finished, we'll have Mondays off. Then as we get the hang of things, and hopefully have trustworthy employees, we'll be able to take more time off. Initially though, we will be quite busy, but this is Dave's dream, and he knows what he's in for.

I will be doing all the paperwork, payroll, schedules, and ordering. I mean really, who knew there was so much paperwork........and licenses just to get a business going!

We're going to see how things go till next summer, and then consider moving closer to our place if things are going good. There's a lake right behind where we are, and I'd love to be close to that!!

For those who don't have Facebook, here are some recent updates.

Getting ready for the new flooring. This room was half wood floor, and have dirty old carpet. Dave pulled all that up, and the new carpet was installed on Sunday.

New carpet installed! It looks blue or grey, but it's actually tan with bits of grey in.

This is the front of the building, showing the faded old green steel. We are adding log siding over the steel, and it will be stained to match the other log siding on the addition in spring.

We won't get it finished before Friday, but it's coming along.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Premier Cat

The carpet really changes the look of the inside, but the real change is outside! The wood siding really will catch people's eye as they drive by. Nice work Dave.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Leazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I love the wood siding too! They didn't even have any framing around the door way, and now Dave has it all framed in with wood. Can't imagine how breezy that was. None of the windows are either!

He has two local guys helping him........they just offered! They are wonderful people! There's been lots of local interest too, folks stopping in to look, and offer some kind words of how nice that's going to look when it's done. Makes us very proud!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Wow what a transformation on the outside! Nice touch. Much more warm and inviting. Its shaping up nicely. Great job!

~Merry~

With my eyes, they will be seen...With my voice, they will be heard....
With my hands, they will know comfort...With my action, they will be free...
~TNR and Rescue changes lives of animals.~

When the angels are busy God sends rescuers
Mitts & Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Thanks Merry! I think it has been a HUGE transformation for that building too! I guess we are getting lots of help today too, I'm telling you, these local folks are AMAZING, and have really stepped up for us, without asking for anything in return! They are so happy for us, and just really want this to succeed. There is a whole group coming back today to finish the siding on the front of the building, and then come in to help with last minute cleaning inside! We close with the realtor today, and on top of that we have vendors coming, food prep, and I'm telling you, to know these folks are there for us is such an amazing relief! We've tried our best, but admit we needed this help. Just all the paperwork involved, and the cosmetic projects we took on, was maybe more than we could do in such short amount of time. I'm so overwhelmed by the generosity we've been given by these people!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Thinking of you ~ this was the BIG day! I know I join the rest of your friends here with best wishes on your first day. I hope it was awesome!

Fran
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement