A little update on me. - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #31 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Looking good...hope the grand opening went well!
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
Thinking of you ~ this was the BIG day! I know I join the rest of your friends here with best wishes on your first day. I hope it was awesome!

Fran
Thank you so much!!! Thank you also Susan!!!

Everything went so well!!!!!! We didn't really advertize except for our marquee, and the signs on the door, we wanted to do a slow soft open, so we weren't slammed. It was busy though, and Dave kind of just got tossed right into things in the kitchen, but we made sure we had ample staff on board to help run things smoothly.

Everyone loved the food, not one complaint, and everyone commented they'd definitely be back. We have great portion sizes though, and everything is bought fresh. Had some customers even walk right to the kitchen door to compliment the cook! Those that came in for drinks, and had eaten somewhere else were disappointed, and said they wished they'd eaten with us, especially when our customers who had eaten with us were telling them how good it was. My husband is a great cook though, and I knew he would do good!

I didn't stay all night, I've been sick again, and the customers don't need to hear me coughing, or sniffling, but I did take a few moments to introduce myself to alot of folks, and I think we already have a good base of amazing customers. We had alot of comments on how nice the place looks, much cleaner, and less cluttered than previously when it was open, so we took great pride in that.

Dave can't stop grinning, and last night in the kitchen even, he looked at me, and said "honey, I feel like I'm at home here." It's all good, I think we made the right decision.

So things went very well last night. We set up to do some advertising this week, and a couple of the local news papers want to do a story on the place, and us, so it's going to move quickly I think, and we'll be getting busy. And once word starts traveling about good food, it will be even better.

There was one thing that kind of bothered me, and I felt kind of bad, but I won't let it get to me. All day Dave had family, and his friends, texting, or calling.....to wish him luck. This is a HUGE life changing event for both us, and we so very much appreciate the support we've been given. Not ONE of my friends or family even bothered to wish us....me....luck, and I admit, it made me a little weepy. We've worked so hard on this........so hard, and it just made me feel a little bad knowing that I didn't have that same support. So thank you Franny, your comment truly made me feel good.

Last edited by OwnedByACat; 11-10-2012 at 11:29 AM.
OwnedByACat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I'm thinking this is what I need to do-go into business!

NE-way- details!!! How was the grand opening? The cook got compliments? Rad!!!!!!

I've been under the weather,too. Was in bed for 2 days.
bluemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Sure wish Cleveland Ohio was not so far from Wisconsin! It would be so much fun to stop by and wish you well!

katlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement