All set for Super Tuesday? - Page 4 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

Owned by a Cat, I agree with you 110% And I voted for Obama in 2008 and Romney this election. I was irritated with the negativity on both sides. & I often feel like I'm bashed by my family, who are all liberal.

I blocked two of my casual FB friends, one Democrat & one Republican because all they were posting were reposts from other propaganda websites.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Super Moderator

You and I should trade FB pages, Geri. I have all the Obama supporters lording it over the Republicans and being all smug. Neither group is an example of good winners or losers.

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirite View Post

I hope the whole state of Virginia goes blue! My county, alas, is red.

I hope my state can get the votes counted. Come on Florida. Get the count in at least once.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Moderator

My sister actually copied this onto her FB page, along with a picture of our flag. And she does not like Obama. Made me so proud of her!!

Quote:
Hatred and bigotry are not American values. Don't say you love this country and then spew vile filth because a duly-constituted election did not go your way. A true patriot would celebrate the miracle of a free and peaceful election. We are so blessed that each of us can go to the polls and have a say in the future of our country. If we don't like the result, we can still be proud that our constitutional system works darn well -- all things considered!

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
http://www.catforum.com/forum/member...signature2.jpg
marie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
You and I should trade FB pages, Geri. I have all the Obama supporters lording it over the Republicans and being all smug. Neither group is an example of good winners or losers.
Agreed. I went on Mitt's FB page to thank him for running and there were tons of people flaming him. I think there's negativity on both sides of this too which is a shame. What happened to good sportsmanship and respect in this country?
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #36 (permalink)
Premier Cat

And I don't dispute that it's both sides either, I'm just using what my experiences are. My whole thing is the negativity in general. That quote your sister shared is awesome, Marie! Gonna have to post that for sure!
OwnedByACat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Cat

As a recently naturalized American citizen, this was the very first election I got to vote on. Very exciting for me... and my polling place just so happened to be right next door to my house!

Luckily our street got electricity a few days before the election (we were out of power for a while because of Hurricane Sandy). I went in the morning before work and there were no lines. Quick and easy... that was quite a change of pace, after being unable to move around and having to wait on gas lines and supermarket lines the prior week due to the hurricane.
Arkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Did you know that Obama has issued an executive order amending the 22nd amendment to allow him to run in 2016?

I need to get new Facebook friends. They're not very smart. Executive orders can't change the constitution.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottd View Post
Did you know that Obama has issued an executive order amending the 22nd amendment to allow him to run in 2016?

I need to get new Facebook friends. They're not very smart. Executive orders can't change the constitution.
LOL

I have a lot of Republican friends, some very adamant and some even ignorant, but to give credit where credit is due, I've yet to see a single post like that since the election. Has Facebook stopped showing me their updates? I wonder...
Arkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Cat

Quote:
Thats nothing. Ive had people try to tell me all of these things:
1. Obama is trying to change the american flag.
2. Obama is trying to make it legal for all immigrants to come in.
3. Obama is trying to make it so all women have to wear veils just like muslims.
4. Obama doesnt allow christian prayer in the white house anymore.

Hahahaha As you can tell these statements obviously came from some very bright people... My favorite is number 3. I just dont understand how someone could even begin to believe that even for a second haha

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement