Do you have any Thanksgiving plans.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Do you have any Thanksgiving plans....

I'm not sure yet where I'll be going for Thanksgiving, what do you think you will be doing or going.

A cat can purr its way out of anything.- Donna McCrohan

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Premier Cat

Sorta... Watching the parade, having dinner with the family, helping out with our church's dinner for the needy,giving Robin his turkey treat,cranberry juice and football game...

Family on the holidays...Marie I LOVE your Thanksgiving idea! Turkey stuffed with prozac!
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Cat Addict

We don't have it over here so (being a huge Christmas addict) I am already on the run in for that!!!!
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Premier Cat

When I lived closer to my parents, I went there, but always came back on Saturday, to avoid hideous traffic on Sunday. But since I came down here, I don't do anything. I don't like Thanksgiving enough to make an effort, even though I have nearly a week. Plus, I don't like turkey - to me the bird is just an excuse to have cranberry sauce. I might help out in a soup kitchen.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
I'm probably cooking for my kids and their dad. And I'm going the whole 9 yards -- Turkey, ham, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, green beans with bits of ham and potatoes, candied yams, gravy, cranberry sauce, and either dinner rolls or monkey bread. For dessert, I'll probably make a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin jelly roll, too.

----------
Renée
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Senior Cat

We used to have all the big thanksgiving dinners at our house usually with at least 20 to 30 people here, but now we go to my daughter’s house. My wife loves to cook and we would have 2 (and sometimes 3) turkeys. She cooked one big one in the oven and I deep fried one in peanut oil outside. She then became ill and it became harder to pull off big meals. I can also cook, but I just don’t have the time anymore to cook a large meal for that many people.

My daughter bought her own home a few years ago and wanted to start having dinners at her house. She also likes large dinner parties. A lot of family and friends including her fiancee are allergic to cats and since we ended up with so many cats the dinners started getting smaller and smaller.

It works for me because I have a massive Christmas display to put up starting the day after thanksgiving. It’s a little heartbreaking for my wife because she lived to cooking large dinner parties and we had a lot of them all through the year. I’ve tried many times to just have the dinners catered so she could relax and enjoy herself, but she would just not have it and actually be a little hurt that I even suggested it.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Premier Cat

I have my first 5K in the morning (too early) and nothing planned the rest of the day other than reveling in having a 4 day weekend. Not a big Turkey eater but I'll probably roast myself a little chicken...or something.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
I'm probably cooking for my kids and their dad. And I'm going the whole 9 yards -- Turkey, ham, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, green beans with bits of ham and potatoes, candied yams, gravy, cranberry sauce, and either dinner rolls or monkey bread. For dessert, I'll probably make a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin jelly roll, too.
Your meal sounds wonderful and very yummy.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

[QUOTE=builder;884296]She then became ill and it became harder to pull off big meals. I can also cook, but I just don’t have the time anymore to cook a large meal for that many people.

I am so sorry that your wife is not well enough to enjoy cooking the Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure you will enjoy the holiday meal at your daughter.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Kitten

I'll be sitting at home, and we'll be having dinner when my husband is off of work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page