Do you have any Thanksgiving plans.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Do you have any Thanksgiving plans....

I'm not sure yet where I'll be going for Thanksgiving, what do you think you will be doing or going.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

heston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Sorta... Watching the parade, having dinner with the family, helping out with our church's dinner for the needy,giving Robin his turkey treat,cranberry juice and football game...

Family on the holidays...Marie I LOVE your Thanksgiving idea! Turkey stuffed with prozac!
bluemilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cat Addict

We don't have it over here so (being a huge Christmas addict) I am already on the run in for that!!!!
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premier Cat

When I lived closer to my parents, I went there, but always came back on Saturday, to avoid hideous traffic on Sunday. But since I came down here, I don't do anything. I don't like Thanksgiving enough to make an effort, even though I have nearly a week. Plus, I don't like turkey - to me the bird is just an excuse to have cranberry sauce. I might help out in a soup kitchen.
spirite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I'm probably cooking for my kids and their dad. And I'm going the whole 9 yards -- Turkey, ham, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, green beans with bits of ham and potatoes, candied yams, gravy, cranberry sauce, and either dinner rolls or monkey bread. For dessert, I'll probably make a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin jelly roll, too.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Cat

We used to have all the big thanksgiving dinners at our house usually with at least 20 to 30 people here, but now we go to my daughter’s house. My wife loves to cook and we would have 2 (and sometimes 3) turkeys. She cooked one big one in the oven and I deep fried one in peanut oil outside. She then became ill and it became harder to pull off big meals. I can also cook, but I just don’t have the time anymore to cook a large meal for that many people.

My daughter bought her own home a few years ago and wanted to start having dinners at her house. She also likes large dinner parties. A lot of family and friends including her fiancee are allergic to cats and since we ended up with so many cats the dinners started getting smaller and smaller.

It works for me because I have a massive Christmas display to put up starting the day after thanksgiving. It’s a little heartbreaking for my wife because she lived to cooking large dinner parties and we had a lot of them all through the year. I’ve tried many times to just have the dinners catered so she could relax and enjoy herself, but she would just not have it and actually be a little hurt that I even suggested it.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premier Cat

I have my first 5K in the morning (too early) and nothing planned the rest of the day other than reveling in having a 4 day weekend. Not a big Turkey eater but I'll probably roast myself a little chicken...or something.

& Krissy - Janitor, KitterKat Club Enterprises
MowMow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4kitties View Post
I'm probably cooking for my kids and their dad. And I'm going the whole 9 yards -- Turkey, ham, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing, green beans with bits of ham and potatoes, candied yams, gravy, cranberry sauce, and either dinner rolls or monkey bread. For dessert, I'll probably make a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin jelly roll, too.
Your meal sounds wonderful and very yummy.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tom Cat

[QUOTE=builder;884296]She then became ill and it became harder to pull off big meals. I can also cook, but I just don’t have the time anymore to cook a large meal for that many people.

I am so sorry that your wife is not well enough to enjoy cooking the Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure you will enjoy the holiday meal at your daughter.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

I'll be sitting at home, and we'll be having dinner when my husband is off of work.
alt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement