Possible family dissaproval...wedding ideas - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

They are your pictures, it's no one's business but yours. However, please consider how much stress this may or may not cause Joy (also to the people saying they want their cat walking down the aisle with them)

Many cats do not like crowds of people or being in strange places.
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cat Addict

As long as it isn't stressful for the cat, I think it's a lovely idea. If you do think it might be stressful, why not a have a few pics taken just of the two of you and her somewhere quiet on the day?
Arianwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

So what would be the plan for getting her to the park, then getting her home? Who will be taking care of her while you are doing photos that she's not in? If you will be detouring home to pick her up and then drop her off....how far away is it?..what will your guests be doing while you add an extra X amount of time between the ceremony and reception? Remember that things always take longer than you think....

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Cat

I think its a great idea. Yea people are gonna call you the crazy cat lady but hey you tell them there are things worse out there that you could be!! I wanna have Godzilla in my wedding as the ring bearer! Little tux with a bow and a pillow tide to his back with the rings! People think Im nuts but I dont think I am. I dont have kids and neither of us have any little siblings or cousins. And its MY wedding Godzilla is my child

No one will ever understand our love for our cats until they allow one to touch their heart too

Godzilla & Mr. Skeeter
Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tom Cat

The park is not even 5min from our house so we can easily pick her up and have someone drop her off while we finish the pictures
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cool Cat

You would trust someone else to "drop her off"? Don't you think it would be better for Joy if you take her home yourself, both for her own comfort, and so that you know she's gotten home safe?
lovetimesfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tom Cat

NO, no...when I meant someone drop her off it would be a family member...not some stranger! Of course it would be someone we trust and know!
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Cat

Do it! My husband & I got married barefoot in the woods, and our reception was the welcome center classroom of a state park. There was educational taxidermy everywhere, which I'm sure a good amount of people thought was strange, but I incorporated it into the decorations. There is this little plushie stuffed fox toy that my husband gave to me right when we first started "going steady," and he was included in the ceremony (carried by the ring bearer!) as well as in many of the pictures. I know that our wedding might be the most "unique" that some of our guests have ever experienced, but that's fine with me!!!

I think that as long as Joy is outgoing & doesn't mind traveling, it's fine! Not all cats are timid / easily upset, and people don't often realize that. Our kitty Whiskey went on TWO five-hour long car rides within three days this week, and was completely fine... if Joy is anything like Whiskey, I'd say she'll love it!
jamie.lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cat

And as for other ways Joy can be incorporated into the wedding -- how about including some pictures of her on display at the reception? Or having a kitty featured somewhere on the invitations? I used a rubber stamp of two foxes running together on the back of each of our invitation envelopes
jamie.lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement