Possible family dissaproval...wedding ideas - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Default Possible family dissaproval...wedding ideas

Good morning everyone,
Thought I would put this out there for anyone to add their thoughts and opinions!
I am newly engaged and my fiancÚ and I are going to want Joy in some of our professional wedding photos...not sure about his family but I know that mine is frowning upon the idea. I am just wondering if it is really that strange of an idea to want Joy apart of our Big Day. What do you all think? I'm not saying for her to be in all the pictures, just a few. People have their kids in wedding photos, we don't have any kids but we do have Joy. We love very much and she is a big part of our family!
Also, anyone have any ideas of other ways Joy can be involved in the wedding. We are having a church ceremony so having her in the ceremony is out of the question!
Thanks for your thoughts!
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cat

I'm frowning at the thought of people frowning at the thought of you doing this!

I don't understand what difference it makes to anyone anyways but I think it's quite normal to want pictures of your Joy with you on a very special day!

Our cats are apart of our families just as much as any children would be (in my opinion) but some people don't see animals like that, they see them as just objects that you can get rid of as soon as they get bored of them or aren't cute little puppies or kittens anymore..

I think it's a lovely idea! And congrats on the engagement!
Pushkabounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

Well I am newly engaged too so congratulations and me and my partner were planning on having our cat walk down the aisle with us and in the photographs it's you and your partner who are getting married so it is down to you if you want to have Joy take part in your big day I think it's a wonderful idea just remember it's what you and your partner want (:
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kit
Jr. Cat

I love the idea!! I may just have to steal it... I'm not engaged yet but I have a feeling the time is coming soon. I would love to have our cats in some of the photos!

I don't see the problem with this at all. Joy is a part of both you and your fiance's life. Anyone who would frown upon this idea is silly!
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I think the idea is great, but I have to wonder about the logistics of it and whether Joy would be frightened by the whole thing. Would she have to be transported somewhere to be included? It sounds great, but is it practical?

And their companion, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May & Maggie forever in my heart.
doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nan
Cool Cat

Where were you going to have the pictures taken?

If not at home, I would worry about her being frightened also. If at home (or a relative's house), it would be great to have a "family photo".
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Premier Cat

Honestly, unless she's a VERY unusual cat, I think she's likely to be very upset about the whole thing. Why not dress up the next day and have some pix taken at home, where she can relax and enjoy the experience? I would definitely not take her to the actual wedding.

As for the families--who cares what they think?? This is YOUR wedding and you should do it however YOU want to do it.
hoofmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Cat

Joy is very outgoing as we discovered when we went to the catshow. We would not take her to the acctual wedding or reception. It would be for the photoshoot between. The photo's will be taken outside in a park near our place. She will have a harness and leash on at all times!
Ragdoll_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Cat

As long as you think Joy would be comfortable doing it, the wedding is about you and your hubby and what YOU want! Your guests should feel honored that you want them there to share it with you, and anyone who criticises you, well, who cares? I really despise what many weddings have become...a competition and the need to feel like you are doing what you are "supposed" to do as apose to what you want to do.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Cat

i say GO FOR IT!!! what is WRONG with those people who "disapprove." what a bunch of scrooges. i would tell them to lighten up and go with the flow geesh.

and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
maggie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement