Any vegetarians here? - Page 5 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
CatForum.com is the premier Cat Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #41 (permalink)
Cat

^ No I haven't tried the yeast but I'll keep it in mind! Thanks for the tips on tofu, cinderflower. I'll have to give tofu a try again. It's just so expensive...I hate to spend the money on a product I don't really know how to cook with.

I found a vegetarian blog on tumblr: http://the-daily-veg.tumblr.com/
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
Cat Addict

LOL the first picture on that blog!! i knew it had to be cookies or something but the appearance . . .

if you haven't bought any books on vegetarian cooking, laurel's kitchen and diet for a small planet are old enough to be in the library. i have vegan planet too but i don't know if the library has it.

if you stir-fry with garlic and onions first, i don't think you could help but like it. if you want the recipe i'll send it to you. (i don't have it written down, i do it from memory but i can manage )
cinderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Cat

I am lacto-ovo vegetarian (but only free-range eggs). I was vegan for awhile, but was not getting enough protein. I would like to get back to the point again some day, but for now, lacto-ovo is working for me.
Merlin_Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Yes indeed. I have been a vegetarian for over 12 years. I have no issues with nutrition as I eat a diverse diet. I don't even think about it any more.
ecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

yep, over half my life now, and vegan for 6.
ezmeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Do you gals/guys get sufficient omega 3,6,9 too? Flaxseed and Chia Seed is one source of vegan omega, while chia seed has the added antioxidant property.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #47 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Default Any vegetarians here?

I'm not currently one but I tried it as a teenager and got really ill because of it. Even with lots of supplements, beans, tofu, etc it made me sick from lack of vitamins only found in meat. I now think its silly,... It's like putting your cat on a vegetarian diet. Totally unnatural. Humans are made to eat meat and I think every person should eat naturally that way humans were intended to.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
3furbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
Cat

^ I don't think it's natural for humans to eat meat, at least not for everyone. Meat is very heavy on my stomach and makes me ill. That's why I gave it up in the first place. Everyone's body chemistry is different--what's good for one person might be bad for another (kind of like how some people are highly allergic to peanuts or milk). Out of curiosity, besides B12, what other vitamins are only found in meat? I haven't heard there being a lack of any other vitamins besides that...

Yes, Snowy, I get plenty of Omega 3's. I take a daily supplement and add flax seed to things.

Last edited by tigre86; 01-28-2013 at 07:23 PM.
tigre86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
Jr. Cat

Pescaterian who eats vegetarian 80% of the time.
kaikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #50 (permalink)
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre86 View Post
^ I don't think it's natural for humans to eat meat, at least not for everyone. Meat is very heavy on my stomach and makes me ill. That's why I gave it up in the first place. Everyone's body chemistry is different--what's good for one person might be bad for another
I am the opposite, too much vegi or tofu makes me sick. If you have the book "The Tao Way of Eating", most leafy vegi and fruits are cooling, mostly root vegi are neutral and only some are warm. We need to know our own constitution, whether its heaty or cooling constitution. I happen to be the cooling type, so, too much vegi makes me very sick I ended up in A&E, and very ironic, I am a vegi lover, and simply cannot resist vegi and no matter how much ginger I add into cooking, it doesn't help very much, so I have to be careful not to overeat vegi and I have to abstain from most fruits. Tofu is another very cooling food. So, you are right, not everybody can go vegetarian, likewise, too much meat for some can cause problem, everyone's chemistry is different.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement